Elementalist

Chapter 20-Rachel

“Hey, Connor.”

“What do you want?” He asked, walking away from me. I ran behind him.

“Was that Tina?”

“Why does it matter to you? Did that faggot Jerry send you?”

I stopped for a minute, “Hey, now, Connor! Isn’t this enough to see an old friend?”

He stopped and looked at me, “Never call yourself a friend of me. I have a friend, a stating as one. No more than that!”

“You have a problem, but whatever. You know, you used to call me and treat me as a friend,” I couldn’t think of the words, “you’re still my friend, Connor.”

“That was five years ago, Rachel,” I was amazed he remembered my name, “we’re doing fine on our own, no worries, no shit, nothing bugging us,” he took a breath, “until you showed up.”

“So, you like living in the freaking middle of no where? Damn it, Connor, you never change, do you? You can’t give the deaths of you parents up or losing the rest of your family,” I stopped. His hair was up and he turned to me.

“Never talk about my past,” his voice was different, “that was then, this is now.”

“Fine! Can we just talk then?” I asked, taking a step back from him. His eyes were red and orange.

“Whatever,” he said, his hair flattened down.

Ten minutes later, Connor and I were eating outside. He brought me to a small café and offered me something to eat.

“Tina’s beautiful now,” I said and he leaned back in his chair.

“I guess so,” he didn’t sound happy, “she’s normal, I’m normal, or I was until you showed up.”

“What’s that suppose to mean?!”

“I mean, Rachel, five years ago, I promised myself I would protect Tina and Hex with my life. I didn’t care what came at me, as long as they were there, I’d be happy.

“Then, I gave everything up, my past, friends, Elemental Powers, everything,” he took a breath, “then our life paths met again, Rachel, this time in my own life, not yours.”

I sighed and looked at him, “So, you really stopped using your power? Have you ever though of trying for the last three Elemental Powers?”

He looked at me, thinking look on his face, then he laughed, “There’s only five Elemental powers, Rachel. Space or Void or whatever doesn’t exist,” he looked at me, “and wood and metal are very rare.”

“You know, that guy with blood red hair, Connor? What’s his name… uh, Charlie, I think.”

“Yeah, Charlie’s Hex’s older brother, why?”

“We did some tests, well, they did some tests on him and they found that he was an Elementalist!” I had said they because I properly disowned myself from the company.

“Yeah, so? What power does he have? Water?”

“No, Connor, he has space.”

He sat regular and grasped the table. His knuckles were white, “Rachel, for the love of my father, there IS no such thing as void!”

“Try it, Connor, just once. Make the table disappear and then reappear,” I said and Connor rolled his eyes.

“Hey, I have to get back now. Say we meet in the forest tomorrow morning?” He got up and headed away, “the same place we sat five years ago!”

He disappeared and I sighed What a non-believer… I sighed and looked at the sky Oh, shit!

I got up and ran off back towards HTWBE before dinner.