Elementalist

Chapter 27-Tina

I watched, amused with what’s happening. Hex had pushed air around two people, who clearly hid in the forest.

“Gah! You think that’ll stop us, little Hex?”

“I didn’t think, David,” Hex yelled back.

“Connor!” that was Rachel, “don’t you think you should try wood of void or metal yet?!”

“Connor,” Hay, or the orange haired one, said, “Take my second knife, you might need it,” he handed my brother a slender knife with a dark red handle.

“Ha, thanks, Metal Freak!” Connor laughed as he took the knife and put it in his belt, “but right now we have to stop them from getting close to us! Earth Shield!” Connor slammed his foot on the ground and a big block of earth shot up in front of us.

How can one person like Connor hold that much power? I asked myself It’s so powerful it made me shutter. Each one of them took their turn, Connor with his powers, Rachel kept nagging at him to try and at least use wood and space, and then she used fire along side Nick. Hex helped and Hay stayed in the trees. Charlie kept disappearing and reappearing.

As I watched, someone grabbed me from behind and I struggled, “Connor!”

I saw Connor turn around, anger in his now yellow eyes, and he stopped, “You, Blondie, let her go!”

“So, Elementalist, we meet again,” my captives voice was deep and he laughed the words like he’s been wanting to say it for years, “but who do we have here?”

I felt him put a sharp object against my ribs and I went pale, “Connor!!”

“You wouldn’t dare, you HTWBE freak of nature!” Connor yelled, taking a few steps towards us.

“Don’t come any closer or your black haired beauty dies,” he pushed the object into my side even deeper. I bit my lip, Please stop, Connor, please.

That didn’t stop Connor. He kept walking, then, he punched my captive, and I felt the sharp object sink very deep into my skin.

“No! Tina!” I’ll always remember that voice, Connor’s voice. He held me in his arms and was crying, “please, I can’t lose you either.”

“I’m sorry, Connor, I’m really do love you…,” I mumbled and then shut my eyes. I heard him crying and fumbling with me as I saw black, not a sound was heard, ever again.