Elementalist

Chapter 29-Rachel

Three days passed since Tina was murdered. We had to pull Connor back to his old house and he basically sulked in his own pity of losing her. He wouldn’t leave the house, notherless his room.

“Sheesh, did he do this when your parents died, Sir Nick?”

“Something like it, Rach,” he answered, “but he went and got himself into deep shit five years ago, remember?”

“Yeah, that’s how our lives mixed. I think I should do something for him.”

“What do you mean, Rach?” Nick asked as I disappeared out into the coldness of the night. I wondered how time goes by when you think--- I laughed and ran off towards the bridge,

Few minutes later, I was pulling myself up into my room at HTWBE; I shut the screen and dug through my dresser. It was rule that every HTWBE worker needs to know how to handle a gun. I stole one, three years ago, and hid it. I pulled it out the gun, which was still fully loaded, and opened my door to the hallway.

As I hoped, the hallway was empty. Good, now I just need to get the fifth floor to Jerry’s room I thought for a minute and I wandered out into the hallway and shut my door quietly. I watched my steps when I walked and I reached the spiral staircase that leads through all of the floors on HTWBE.

Minutes later, I was pushing Jerry’s door open, slipping in and looking at Jerry, asleep in his bed. He slept soundly and I licked my lips at the thought of his blood spilling out, this is going to be fun.

Jerry turned over and I put the tip of the gun to his chest, “You bastard,” I whispered, “you’ll die right now.” I pulled the trigger, blood shot out of his chest and I got my ass out of that basted place forever.