Elementalist

Chapter 30-Rachel

Connor’s house was empty, you could hear Nick’s snoring and shuffling of feet upstairs. “Now what’s Connor up to?”

I wandered up the stairs and opened Connor’s door. It was bright red, like he was about to sacrifice someone, or something.

“Connor, what the hell are you doing?” I asked and he spun around.

“Hey, Rachel,” he laughed and grinned at me, his eyes were wide open. He sounded crazy.

“Are you okay, Connor?” I asked, he sort of laughed, okay, he’s starting to scare me now…

“Yes! I’m extremely fine!” he laughed and seemed jittery, “yeah!” he pulled the knife out that Hay gave him a few days earlier. Candles flickered behind him.

“Uh, Connor, what are you doing?” I asked, backing up against the wall, he’s crazy as hell!

“Wouldn’t YOU like to know, wouldn’t you? Well, this will be the last time you see me!” he took the knife, licked it and admired it. He laughed and stabbed his right arm with it, then pushed it down so only the handle was left to be seen. He was crying, “I’m sorry, I messed up like hell this time…” he said as he dropped to his knees and then face first on the ground.

“Connor?!” I ran to him, no movement came. I shook and ran out to make distance from the house and myself. I didn’t want this life anymore. I disappeared without a word to anyone.