Elementalist

Chapter 35-Hex

I blinked, after the girl disappeared behind the door opposite than the room I was in, and thought about it for a minute. When did they come back? I shook my head and dashed down the hallway, slid down the first stair case, dashed down the other hallway and jumped the twenty stair case. I looked towards the kitchen, no one, and the living room door, which was shut.

I hesitated before opening the door and wandering in, my eyes shut. There was no sound, and at first, I thought they weren’t in here.

“Hex,” I opened my eyes to Charlie, “what happened to your hands?”

I blinked and shoved my hands in my pockets, “Nothing, Charlie,” I mumbled and looked at him, “why was there a girl in my room?”

“Oh! Sorry, Hex! I didn’t know you were here, also! Where is your buddy, Connor, and his sister, Tina?” David asked, he looked exactly like Connor, except for the small detail of David having a small scar under his left eye, and Connor’s hair was red and orange.

I looked at him and sighed, “They’re not here, David, and they’re never coming back, ever.”

“What do you mean, Hex?” Jimmy asked, by this time, Hay and Charlie disappeared, leaving me to answer all the questions.

“You know what I mean! You bitches were there when that yellow-haired power ball freak killed Tina! God damn it!” I had my hands clenched and out of my pockets, so my still bloody tattoo hurt even more than it should, “Then Connor did what he wanted!” I was crying.

“He what?” David asked, shivering and his lips quivered, “He’s dead, isn’t he?”

I shook my head and they exchanged sad looks, and sighed, “So, who’s that girl?”