Elementalist

Chapter 36- Terry

I’ve stayed with Jimmy and David for about five days now, and they’ve treated me like a sister. I remembered the fight between David and Hex about money, seeing as it was the first day I stayed here. They were always disappearing on me and when I went to do something, I felt the house shake.

It was one of those days that everyone disappeared on me, when I wandered downstairs. As usual, on these days, I would generally wander around the house, in a semi-like daze. I wonder why they disappear so much I asked myself.

“Hey, Terry,” I looked up to see Nick there, sitting on the stairs across from a black metal door. He held his head in his hands and continued to look at the door.

“Hey, Nick, what are you doing?”

“Waiting. Hex said he wants me down thee next, right after the twins come up.”

“Where’s Charlie and the Metal One?” I asked, half yawning.

“They’re somewhere,” he laughed, “knowing them they probably went to find girls.”

True, I told myself as the heavy, metal door opened.

“Ready, Nick?” Hex asked, sweaty as hell. The twins wandered out and away, looking quite tired.

“Yeah, Hex,” Nick answered, getting up. He was much taller than I was, about three of four inches.

Hex stepped out so Nick could go through, “Hey, Terry, you have Elemental powers, right?”

I stopped and looked at him, “Yeah, why?”

He looked down the stairs and signaled me to follow Nick, who stood behind Hex, “Would you care to join us?”

I smiled, “No thanks,” I shook my head, “I have stuff to do before I leave.”

“Okay,” he said, pulling the door shut and sighed and headed back to my business.