Elementalist

Chapter 4-Jerry

"Clear the air, Jerry!" Terry yelled.
    
I moved my arm, enough so the dirt and dust would zone out of my eye sight and let me see at least a few inches in front of my face. Three of my power balls, fade looking in the dirty air, shone and disappeared to clean the air in front of Terry and myself.
    
"God damn it, the little bitch got away!" I yelled as I put my arms back down by my side and gritted my teeth, "I bet that was an escape spell!"
    
"Aw, Jerry, don't feel bad," Terry sighed, "he could still be in the building, you know."
    
I sighed, knowing that he wouldn't be in the building, "I highly doubt he is, Terry... I have a funny feeling he's standing outside the window..."
    
Terry looked at me, then stared out the window, disbelieve in her eyes. I followed her vision and looked out the unbroken window. To my disbelieve, as well as Terry's, the window wasn't cracked, shattered, or open and Connor stood outside of it. I glanced at Terry, who stood there, still half shocked, and I laughed a little, "How the hell...?"
    
Outside, Connor stood. Not on the ground or on the roof of the building next door, but on a twister. He was unharmed or uncut and he wore a pair of black pants, black sneakers, and a red shirt under a black zip up hooded sweater. His eyes were white and his hair darted in and out of his eyes. He was, clearly, strong willed and he held his hand out in front of him. "Of course!" I mumbled to myself, "Power balls, take the window out!"

"Of course what, Jerry?" Terry asked as two of my power balls shattered themselves along with the window.

I laughed, smugly, "Every air Elementalist needs to use their hands, its one of the downsides if their hands are covered, Terry," I took a breath and took a step towards the broken window, "why don't you get your damned ass back in here?"
    
"Why should I?" Connor asked back, laughing slightly.
   
 "Because, I said to," my anger was getting thin, "and I want to fight you."
    
"Why don't you come out here and fight?" Connor yelled, somewhat annoyed at me.
   
 "I don't want to fight," I mumbled to myself, so only I could hear it and Terry couldn't. I sighed, "Get in here now!" I yelled as my power balls floated around my head like a halo, "It’s that easy!"
    
"Once again, why should I?" Connor yelled again.
    
"Because, I want to talk with you at the moment," I yelled again, trying not to show that I was telling a white lie, "Connor, listen to me!"
    
There was silence, then, after about five minutes, the twister died down and Connor dropped to the floor in front of me. He stood up and gritted his teeth. I laughed at him for being so naive and Juvenal to actually believe my lie and four of my power balls circled him, wrapping an invisible rope around his chest and the top of his arms.