Elementalist

Chapter 38-Terry

I wandered through four towns already and hadn’t stopped. My goal was to get to my hometown, right near the mountain’s base. I figured it was a few hour walk, maybe two or three hours.

I stopped, remembering when I would come out here with my father and swim in the pond. I looked to my right, and sure enough, the blue pond was there. I smiled and walked towards it.

Child hood memories brought back I told myself, finally glad of water. I took a fast drink, washed my face off and pushed my wet hands under the warm, brown earth of winter. Everything’s exactly the same I told myself as I pulled my hands up Except for that.

In the ground ran a metal pole, thick and heavy looking. I looked one way, it must have ended in the blue water, and then I looked away from the water towards the distance to see a large, metal building, exact style of HTWBE Never knew there was a HTWBE in Reject’s Run… I stood up and headed towards it.

Minutes later, I was at the door and pulling it open, pushing it rather. As soon as I freed the door, it was warm. A gust of warm air came out and mixed with the cool air behind me.

Whoever made this place must’ve made HTWBE, too, except this place is much better built.

I squinted and looked around the darkness, the best I could. There, on the wall in front of me, was that sign I had passed a million times before. I dragged my feet against the dusty floor over to it.

“To anyone who enters through these doors,” I mumbled to myself, “let the floor crackle and burn your sore, hurtful feet, but wait! Is there even a floor?” I heard the floor crackle underneath me, but there was a floor. I looked down, “Jesus Christ!”