Elementalist

Chapter 39-Hex

“Hex, how do you know where to find Rachel?” Nick asked, dragging his feet a few feet behind me.

“I have my ways. Hey, do you have any money on you, Nick?” I asked, watching my breath in the chilly air. We were in a town, about five hours from the river side town we lived in. The night was falling fast and Nick looked hungry.

“Some, not enough to buy anything though,” Nick answered. I sighed.

“Ugh. How much?” I put my hands into my pockets and leaned against a wall in the alley.

“Uh,” Nick pulled out his wallet and counted the paper and coins, “about fifteen bucks.”

“Ugh! Really?” I sighed and dug through my pockets, “I have a lot of money in my account. If only we could get into it…”

“Wait, didn’t my father give us both the account to our money?! He didn’t give it to Connor ‘cause he’d spend it, but he gave it to you…”

“What’s your point, Nick?” I asked, heading off again. Nick ran back up to me.

“We can use that money!” he yelled, the shops where slowly closing.

“No,” I looked at him, “that’s for all of us, Charlie, Hay, Jimmy and David, not just you and me, Nick,” I looked around, “Anyways, I’ll meet you in an hour over at that building, over there, okay?”

“Wait, let’s just keep moving!”

“No, Nick, you go get something to eat. Make sure you get enough food for tomorrow, okay?”

I walked off before he could answer, so that maybe he was forced to go off and buy something. I needed to think and be alone anyways.