Elementalist

Chapter 45-Hex

“Shit!” I yelled, ready for a fight if needed. Terry was running in front of Rachel and Nick was stunned.

“How the hell… scratch that, WHAT the hell is that?!” he asked as I took a step backwards.

“I don’t know, nor do I want to find out while being digested in its stomach!” I grabbed his arm, pulled him and ran off the way Rachel and Terry ran off.

By the time Nick and I caught up with Rachel and Terry, my legs hurt and I took shallow, very shallow, breaths. Nick fell against the wall next to Rachel, who smiled at him. He smiled back and I gagged, “Well?”

I looked at Terry who had her back towards us and she looked out the window. I wandered up to her and looked out the window, “well what?”

At that moment, I looked at her and those damned eyes, red glinting on a grey background. I held my hand out, “Move!”

Terry fell as I pushed her down. Please don’t be weak, please! “Air Ball!” I held my hand up, in a gun form, and a blast of air shattered an eye, “yes!”

“Don’t celebrate yet, Hex!” Rachel yelled as the figure drew closer. I turned on my heel, ready to run, but stopped short, due to the bright blue eyes that shined, Shit!

Nick had gotten up and was now admiring his bright red fire which, in a pair of three, floated around him, “Jesus Christ, there’s two of them?!”

Rachel was up now, too, and had joined Nick in the fire. “There’s only one way out, you guys! Either that or we be digested in some metal…” I stopped, I heard a voice that made my hands burn.

What are you doing? Just going to let ANOTHER fight scare you, huh? Jesus Christ, Hex, get your ass in there and kick some ass!

“Connor?” I dropped my hands as the fight between the two metal androids and us started. I looked at my hands and Nick basked into the window, shattered it and fell, “Nick! Twister!”

My twister came up under him, he looked relieved. I helped him back up and went to help Rachel on the left. Fine, Connor, this is for you. I went at the other monster, the one who had Terry firmly in its grip, “Tornado!”

I swear, as I flew through the air, that I wasn’t myself anymore. I wasn’t the scared little Hex, but Hex, the strongest air Elementalist after Connor. I felt him in me, giving me his strength, he knows I would get killed; I smiled as the metal machine looked at me. It took a heavy swing at me, knocked me off my course and I rolled over the floor, the inside glass and stopped near the window. I was bloody as hell now, and my whole body hurt.

One can over come pain if they have enough anger… Hex, no pain, no game. Get your ass up and fight!

I wondered why I got those messages; I put my head on my arm and cried. I couldn’t take it anymore.