Elementalist

Chapter 7-Connor

"Damn those Elemental Freaks..."
    
I was useless if I was to be attacked. I had to get these damned gloves off and I didn't have very much luck. I looked out the window, the window's pane had snow on it and the window's glass started to fog up.
    
The door opened and it startled me. I gritted my teeth, clenched my gloved hand into a fist and turned around to see a girl. "Who are you and what do you want?" I asked.
    
"I'm Rachel, level seven fire Elementalist and my father sent me here," she sounded annoyed," whom might you be?"
    
"Connor," I blinked, "I'm an air Elementalist who's destined to be the strongest and best Elementalist after my father."
    
"You brag too much," Rachel sighed and sat on the bed that was there. "And yes, I'm one of those "Elemental Freaks" of HTWBE."
    
"Okay... do you know how to get these gloves off?" I asked, and sat on the ground.
    
"You take something sharp and cut it open," she grinned, "why are you fighting us?"    
  
 I stopped biting the glove and looked at her, "I got to get back to Rejects' Run. Right now, I have to care for my fifteen year old brother and my five year old sister. Your so called "leader" in this place killed my parents and I haven't seen the twins in years."
   
 "So, you're the middle child?" Rachel asked.
   
 "Yep," I grinned, "I'm the third child-Elementalist in my family."
    
"So, who are your other siblings?" Rachel asked.
    
"Tina, the only girl and the youngest, Nick, me, and the twenty-four year old twins."    
    
"What are the twins' Elemental powers? Does Nick have one? What about Tina?"
   
 "You asked too many questions, "I sighed, "One twin has earth the other has water," I took a breath, "Nick has fire and Tina's our mom's daughter, she doesn't have one."
    
Rachel looked at me, "So, you're destined to be the best, right?"
    
"Yep, my dad said to master all five elemental powers then some guy with brown hair and blue eyes killed him and my mother."
    
"No-- I think my father killed your parents," Rachel looked at me and turned away, "I'm really sorry, but the least I can do is teach you what I know of power balls."
   
 I looked at her and grinned, "Really?"
    
"Yes," Rachel grinned back, "I can't do it myself but I read about it."
   
 "Just one question," I laughed, "what's a power ball?"    
    
"You know Jerry's yellow lights? Those are power balls."
   
"Okay, then," I blinked, "how old are you?"
   
"Fifteen," Rachel answered, "anyways, think of what you want the most and let your mood take over."
    
I put my hands out in front of me and closed my brown eyes. I thought of what I really wanted, which was to get out of this damned place. "Well?" I asked, afraid to open my eyes.    
     
"Well, what? You did it," responded Rachel.
    
I opened my eyes and Rachel gasped, "What?"
    
"Your eyes... they're black..."
    
"They do that," I said and watched my ten black power balls float around my gloved hands, "cool, wait, what's happening?"
   
 The power balls disappeared, probably because I lost focus, and the room shifted. I looked at Rachel, who sat there smiling slightly, "We're waking up, Connor. Can I come back to Rejects' Run with you?"
   
 I smiled at her, "Of coarse... I'll help you be stronger too."
   
 The room went into darkness and then slightly brighter. I heard two voices, both of which I recognized.
    
"Oh, shit, its Connor..."
    
"What do you mean, David?"
    
I felt them taking straps off me and undoing them and I opened my eyes. I sat up and smiled at my two older brothers, David and Jimmy. "Hey, David, Jimmy."
   
 David and Jimmy exchanged glances. David and Jimmy are the twenty four year old twins, but neither looks like each other. Jimmy looks like Nick with the hair, brown, but with the eyes he's one of the only blue eyes in the family. David looks just like me, shabby black hair that falls into his brown eyes. Jimmy was ten minutes older than David and you couldn't tell they were twins by their physical features.
    
"You guys work for HTWBE?" I asked, getting up, stretching and studying their clothes. They wore the same outfit as Jerry, except David didn't have an overcoat on.
    
"Yeah, we do," Jimmy said, slipping his hands in his pocket, "question is, why are you here?"
  
  I gave him a face to show him I was thinking, "Good question," I finally said, as I pulled Rachel out of the machine, "I guess, getting revenge."
  
  "Revenge for what, Connor?" David asked, harshly, as Jimmy looked and studied Rachel.
    
"You damned freaks killed mom and Dad!" I yelled, my eyes turning white.
    
"Calm it, Connor," Rachel yawned, "are David and Jimmy your siblings?"
    
"Yes, they're the twins, but you couldn't tell by looking at them," I sighed, "now, let us go so I can watch Nick and Tina."
    
David and Jimmy looked at each other, then to me and laughed, "You know we can't do that, Connor," Jimmy laughed.
    
"Want me to kill you and David as you killed mom and Dad?" I asked, hand going into a fist and my anger getting thin.
    
"No, Connor," David stepped in and sighed, "you're going to have to fight us to get out, but no one can actually escape HTWBE with Jerry here..."
   
 I laughed and gritted my teeth, "Fine with me," my voice was different, it sounded like I had anger and rage as another person.
    
Jimmy laughed, "You're so strong willed and stubborn, Connor, but you can't use your little air power." clearly, he had noticed I was gloved.
    
"So what?!" I yelled voice still different, "I don't need my god damn Elemental power to fight dip shits like you!"
    
David laughed and Jimmy continued, "You can't fight with your hands gloved, it wouldn't be a very fair fight."
    
"Just fight me, god damn it! I can take you with or without air powers!" I got testy, "and the longer you make me wait here, the longer Tina and Nick will starve!"
    
They looked at me, puzzled look on their face and then Jimmy ran at me, "Earth fist!" his right hand turned brown and rock like and he tried to punch me. I dodged, him slightly getting my left shoulder, grabbed his arm and flipped him onto his back so he was lying on the floor. He got up and tried it again. This time, he barely got my right shoulder that time but I managed to dodge it. I grasped his arm, securely, and looked at him, straight in the eye.
    
"You know, Jimmy, you were much stronger when I was little," I laughed and grasped his arm tighter so that lines formed on his rock arm. "Or maybe I just got stronger than you!" I gripped harder and his rock arm shattered. He stared, in disbelieve, at his now gone right arm and I kicked him in the stomach. He grabbed his stomach in pain and I kicked him in the side so he went flying into the wall. I looked at David.
    
David looked at me. He looked at Jimmy who laid on the ground, holding his stomach with one hand, and then laughed, "Jesus, Connor, how much have you killed yourself?"
   
 I smiled, "None, David, now, will you let me and Rachel go or do you want to fight?"
    
David grinned and put his hands up in front of him, "I'll take the chance of being badly hurt by you instead of me letting you wander by easily," he laughed and continued, "Tsunami blast!"
    
A blast of water shot out at me from his hands. I held my hands out and suddenly, my power balls appeared and blocked the water from me. I laughed and looked though the water at David, then left my power balls where they were, so David would think that I was there, and ran at him. "You bitch! I'll kill you!" I punched him, smack down in the middle of the face, not only drawing blood but also sending him into the wall with a broken nose. He and Jimmy laid there, motionless and Rachel blinked.
    
"Cool... You’re stronger than what I thought you would be," she looked at me, "come on, my room."
    
She disappeared out the door and I followed her after I told my knocked out brothers a brief "later" and stood outside next to her door, "I'll stand here and wait."
    
"No way, Connor, way to risky!" Rachel said, grabbing my wrist and pulled me into her room. "Wait in my closet." she pushed me into her closet, which was basically empty, and shut the door on me before I could protest to this 'sitting in the closet as she changed' option.
    
    
Five minutes later, I moved a little. I was becoming stiff and then, I heard it. The door was knocked on and that familiar voice said something, "Rachel, let me in!"
    
"Who is it?" Rachel asked, zipping something up.
   
 "Let me in, Rachel, you're hiding the damned Elementalist!"
    
"Jerry, leave me alone," Rachel responded, "I'm changing."
   
 I heard the door open. He's so damn stubborn I told myself and listened, "Where are you hiding him?!"
   
 "Who?"
   
 "The air Elementalist, where'd you hide him?!"
   
 I clenched my still gloved hand and gritted my teeth, Leave Rachel alone, Jerry, she clearly won't tell you...
    
"No idea what you're talking about, Jerry," Rachel said after a minute silence.
    
"He's in the closet, isn't he?"
    
"No, he's not."
   
 The door was thrown open and I was dragged out by the circling power balls. I smiled to myself with my head down low so Jerry couldn't see it.
    
"Welcome back, Elementalist," as he dropped Rachel who grabbed her backpack and dashed out the door before Jerry could grab her, "didn't get very far did you?"
    
"You shouldn't trust one who's more powerful than you," I laughed and pulled my hands up from my side and grabbed two of the power balls.
    
"What are you doing?!" Jerry yelled as a smirk ran up my face. I smashed the power balls and felt the glass sink into my skin, though the glove and warm blood dripping down my hands.
    
"Getting these god damned gloves off," I laughed as my blood fell to the floor and I pulled the glove off. I had the small parts of the power ball still stuck in my hand but I didn't care, "and I'm getting out of here."
    
Jerry recalled the two last power balls and laughed, "You really think you can escape from me?"    
    
"Yes, I do," I laughed, blood still trickling down my fingers. I heard Rachel breathing hard at the door and I glanced at her and then back at Jerry.
    
"You wish!" Jerry yelled, his eight power balls floating around out in front of him. He gritted his teeth at me and I grinned at him.
    
"I do wish," I laughed, "and it was fun while it lasted but I should really be going," I held my bloody right hand up at him and my eyes turned white, "Tornado!"
    
The room fell silent, then, in the middle of the room the air started to turn. Rachel's blanket was trying to escape from the bed and swing around with my almost-made twister, but it didn't. The tornado grew, sending not only dirt but also most of Rachel's untied stuff, with it. I laughed at Jerry's face and I slipped out along side Rachel. "Well?"
   
 "Come on, to the parking garage," Rachel said as she headed out and I followed.
    
Rachel led me to a gold corvette after running through the garage. She opened the door to the passenger's side and I got into the driver's side, "Uh, Rachel, who’s car is this?"
    
She winked at me, "Let's just say we're borrowing it from Jimmy... now, let's go!" I stepped on the gas and we were out of there.