Can You See Me Now?

The Fight Begins

“What the hell did you do to Kagome, you bastard?” Inuyasha yelled. He stood up in front of Kagome and unsheathed his sword. “You have five seconds before I kill you.”

Vishnou gave a low chuckle. “Oh yes, you must be Inuyasha.” He gave a smirk and let his gaze roam the others. “I must say, Takeo sure did make a number out of all of you.”

Inuyasha growled low at this. He took a step forward, but hesitated when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked back and saw Sesshomaru shaking his. “If you rush into this, you will only endanger your friends.”

“Ah, and you must be Sesshomaru,” Vishnou said. He walked towards Rin and wrapped an arm around her. His head rested on her shoulder and burned his gaze towards the Daiyoukai. “Should I tell you that Rin was screaming your name when I tortured her? Tell me, Sesshomaru, how do you feel that I’ve seen what you have been dreaming about?”

Sesshomaru’s eyes narrowed into slits. His eyes held a tint of red in them, but he held himself back. Vishnou was only trying to provoke him. According to his nose, Rin’s scent still was pure.

“Inuyasha, take Kagome and the others to safety,” he calmly said.

“Hey, why do you get to—,” Inuyasha jumped to his feet.

“Enough!” Sesshomaru barked. “You can come back once the others are gone. They are in no condition to fight right now.”

Inuyasha held his tongue and took a step back in anger. He clenched his fists until they turned white. He hated to admit it, but Sesshomaru was right. The others would only get in the way and with their injuries Vishnou would properly use that to his advantage.

He nodded and grabbed Kagome from the back of her knees and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Sango and Miroku climbed onto Kirara’s back. They knew that it was useless to fight. It would only cause more trouble.

Kagome looked at Sesshomaru. “Sesshomaru, you have to get through to Rin. She’s still in there. I can feel it. No matter what don’t give up.” Her voice faded as Inuyasha jumped into the air and took off running.

Vishnou frowned as Sesshomaru did not take the bait. He let go of Rin and took a step back. “Rin, my dear, take care of this mess will you?”

“Yes, master.” Rin nodded. Her voice held that soft and ghostly tone in it. It reminded Sesshomaru of that female child reincarnation of Naraku: Kanna.

She held out her hand and a sword materialized into it. She ran towards Sesshomaru and he dodged as she swung. A piece of his white hair was cut and he felt a dark aura begin to surround the sword. She must have infused her powers into it.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Inuyasha ran as quickly as he could. He took a turn and saw a village ahead of him. He wrinkled his nose as a familiar scent engulfed him. Great, the mutt was here. That gave him a plan. As much as he hated to admit it, they could use his help.

“Inuyasha,” Miroku yelled as Kirara flew next to him. “Edo is up ahead. Give us Kagome so you can head back.”

Inuyasha shook his head. “No can do. There’s someone I have to talk to.” He looked down at Kagome. “You owe me.”

She gave a small smile as she figured out what he was talking about. She grimaced as another wave of pain went through her body. She felt his hold on her tighten and another smile went on her face. If Sesshomaru cared about Rin as much as Inuyasha did about her, then hope was not completely lost.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Sesshomaru crouched down as he dodged another swing from the sword. This was getting pointless. All he has been doing is dodging. He couldn’t exactly attack back or else risk hurting Rin, but if this kept up then he was going to get hurt.

Kami, his ancestors must be sneering down at him in shame for not fighting back like the demon that he was.

Again, he dodged another swing. He stopped abruptly in surprise as her palm came in contact with his chest. A bright light appeared followed by a loud boom and he was sent flying back. He crashed harshly into the ground and gritted his teeth in anger for allowing himself open for that attack. Quickly, he stood up from his hole and spat out a little bit of blood. She was getting faster. At this rate, he would be dead soon.

Rin ran straight towards him and he prepared himself for her onslaught, only to freeze as she disappeared and flickered behind him. He jumped out of the way from her swing a nanosecond before it came in contact with his only arm.

Blood ran down his. A strong pulse came from his side and he looked down. Tenseiga was trying to communicate with him.

If you want to be used, then so be it. It was time to fight back. His father’s sword would not hurt Rin; it was a sword of healing not of destruction like his brother’s was, but at least it gave him an opportunity to fight back.

He turned around and his sword clashed loudly with hers when she flickered behind him. Sparks flew out between the sword and he struggled to over power her. He had no idea that she was this strong. He wondered if all this strength was her own or if they were somehow connected to Vishnou.

For a moment his eyes flickered to Vishnou and he saw him standing there with an amused expression. His eyes caught a flash of red. It’s about damn time that he came.

“Need some help, you bastard?” Inuyasha smirked. He had his sword over his shoulder and his whole body was relaxed as if there was not a battle going on at this moment.

Sesshomaru pushed Rin back and gave her a swift kick. She was sent flying into a tree. This whole charade of not hurting her had to end. He felt guilty, but it had to be done.

“Nice of you to finally join us,” He turned towards his brother.

“Relax. I’ve brought some reinforcement.” Two figures jumped next to him and stood up from their crouch. On his left stood the wolf-demon and on his right stood Hiko.

“I heard that you were having a bit of trouble getting our dear Rin back.” Sesshomaru scowled at Hiko’s taunting words. “You were supposed to get her better not kidnapped, genius.”

“Enough. Either you start fighting or I suggest you leave,” Sesshomaru growled and swung his sword as he saw Rin heading towards him again. Their swords made another clashing sound. Sparks once again flew between the two swords.

Hiko turned towards Inuyasha and Koga. “Alright, boys. Who gets who?”

“I’ll go help the bastard,” Inuyasha said. Hiko nodded and Inuyasha ran towards the direction where Sesshomaru and Rin were at. He turned towards Koga.

“It looks like you’re with me.” They both turned towards Vishnou.

“Alright, lets kick some ass.” Koga let out a smirk and rolling his shoulder in anticipation.

Vishnou gave out a dark chuckle and shook his head. “You think you can defeat me? You are even more foolish than those friends of yours.”

Vishnou turned to Takeo. “Why don’t we show them who is more powerful, my boy?”

“Yes, master,” Takeo said dully. He stretched out his arms and two matching katanas appeared in them. Swirling black smoke surrounded it and Koga and Hiko could sense the dark aura coming from it.

Takeo formed his arms into an X and a swirling blue light began to form at the center in a form of a ball. Quickly he spread them and the ball of energy moved at a great speed towards Hiko and Koga’s direction.

They both jumped oppositely away and the ball made contact with the ground. A loud booming sound was heard and the air was filled with debris.

Koga covered his mouth with his arm and squinted his eyes into the smoked filled air. He saw Takeo forming another X with his sword towards Hiko’s direction. For a second his eyes flickered towards around the boy’s neck.

He turned towards the fight with Sesshomaru, Inuyasha, and Rin and saw that she had the same thing on.

“Hiko!” He yelled, aiming a kick towards the boy while he had his back to him. The boy flickered for a second then disappeared. Koga slid across the ground. “We have to get rid of those collars. They must be what is controlling both of them.”

“You hear that, Lord Sesshomaru?” Hiko yelled as he swung his sword only to miss as the boy disappeared again due to his speed.

“Hn.” He nodded his head and curled his claws inward. Her back was to him and swiftly, without wasting any time, Sesshomaru slashed his claw around her neck. The collar ripped into pieces and Rin froze.

Faintly he heard Hiko and Koga shout triumphantly and figured out that they must have gotten rid of the collar as well.

Sesshomaru saw Rin’s eyes begin to change color, until they rested on her chocolate eye color. He let out a sigh of relief and closed his eyes, only to snap them open and stare in shock at the sword that embedded into his shoulder. He looked at his shoulder then slowly made his way to the girl. He gritted his teeth in anger as he saw that nothing changed.

“You think you can defeat me so easily?” chuckled Vishnou darkly. “There is no way of saving her. What will you do, kill her or be killed?”

“Damn it,” Inuyasha muttered and wrapped his arms around the girl. He pulled her and quickly threw her across the field. He felt a drop of liquid on his hand and looked at Rin. He saw her quickly stand up and raise her palm towards them. The glow of the energy ball lightened up her face and he stared in surprise at the sight of tears forming in her eyes.

She released the energy ball and Inuyasha pulled Sesshomaru by the arm and jumped out of the way. He grabbed pieces of vines from the trees and wrapped her around one. He made sure that her arms were bound and tightened it. Hopefully that will keep her out of their way for the time being.

“Damn it, Sesshomaru, snap out of it,” he growled, stomping his way towards the demon lord. Sesshomaru was still staring at the wound. It was beginning to cover his white yakuta in blood. “This is no time for you to act this way. We need…Rin needs you.”

Inuyasha yanked his hair in frustration. He stood in front of Sesshomaru and punched him in the face. Sesshomaru drew back in surprise and anger. His eyes began to turn red and he snarled at him.

“Now that’s more like it,” Inuyasha smirked. “Look, Rin’s still in there. You just have to get through to her.”

“Come on, big guy,” yelled Koga. Takeo was bent over his shoulder unconscious. For some reason removing the collar seemed to work for him, but not Rin. “We can’t let this jackass win.”

Hiko stood next to Koga, sword already drawn and ready to fight next to his Lord. Inuyasha turned to look at Sesshomaru and saw his eyes return to his golden orbs, but the anger was still there. That was good, the angrier he got the harder he will fight.

Inuyasha let out a smirk and nodded his head towards Vishnou who let out a smirk of his own. He obviously felt over confident that they wouldn’t be able to get defeat him.

“Now let’s show this bastard who’s better.”

This time it was all or nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
omg I just realized that I haven't updated since June...or was it July? Oh, who knows. Anways, for some reason this chapter took forever to type. I just couldn't figure out what to do.

Alright guys, the story is almost finished. I may do a sequal, I may not...it all depends how I end it and if I feel like doing it at all. Sorry there are more bad news. This is my last story on mibba. After that I will transfer my stories to fanfiction and later on decide if I will delete this account or just let it collect dust.

I'll still be writing, but it will be on fanfiction. That's it. It's no big deal, I just feel like mibba doesn't challenge me enough to write. At least on fanfiction there are authors who seriously write and give me ideas to come up with my own. You should give it a try. I love you all who have ever commented me or at least read my stories. I loved your input and reactions.