Status: Complete- check out the sequel!

Reflections

035

Two weeks.

Two weeks I have been locked away in this hell hole and still I have not had one visitor. Where are my parents? Where is Frank? Fuck, only Alex comes after her shift to take me out for dinner or just to have a smoke which I desperately need. This fucking patch on my fucking arm isn't working anymore. I haven't taken my happy meds for hours and the effect of them has long ago worn off. Now I just lay bound to this bed with my head turned to look out the window at a full harvest moon which twinkles in the sky and plays behind dark clouds. How I wish I could be so free and fly away. The clock on the wall read ten pm. Shouldn't the nurse have come by an hour ago to give me my fix. I have a headache brewing and my frustration is fueling my aggressive fire. Today is Alex's night off, every Wednesday unless another doctor can't make it in. Lauren is coming back tomorrow from visiting her family in Antigua, it will be good to see her again. As for me, well, I wish Frank was here since he is so easy to talk to and he is my best friend. Alex told me yesterday that the reason I am in the hospital is because she refuses to discharge me until I find someone to live with or she will personally find a care home so I don't quit on my meds again or decide to jump off another bridge. She can't take me in, she is away most of the time here and there is not enough room in her apartment for myself and my stuff. It will basically be like having a room mate, I can't argue since I can't even pay my own bills and I drink water out of the toilet sometimes.

"Mr. Way?" there was a soft knock on my door.

"Come in." I said and kept watching the harvest moon which was still rising.

"I brought you your Prozac and the other kind." she doesn't know how to even pronounce my schizo meds. Neither do I.

"Sure." I mumbled as she undid the straps around one of my wrists. Silly girl, if I wanted to I could drag her towards my and snap her skinny neck, but I wont. She handed me the wax- paper cup with he pills inside and i downed them with one fluid motion. She held the cup that contained the water to my lips as i drank and let the pills fall into my stomach where they would release their magic. "Thanks."

"No problem." she smiled and left the room. If Alex is so worried about me being alone, why doesn't she just call up one of my old friends? I had quite a few of them in my good years.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is coming to a close and will switch into the sequel 'Mirror, Mirror on the wall' Please subscribe to that if you still like this story. Comments are love and they fuel this story. No updates until comments are said!!!