Sammy.

Chapter Nine

“About a year ago is when Maria first came to me with her case.” John said “I told her I’d do everything I could. But, at the time, I was new at what I did, and it seemed the killer had done a very good job at keeping his identity hidden. Since that was the case Maria and I saw much of each other. Which was good. Maria was a young, beautiful, woman and she motivated me to work harder, to find the killer of her boyfriend.”

“Once I had found the killer I was so happy that I had pleased Maria. I had developed a crush on her but was sad that this would be the last of our get togethers. But Maria didn’t just want to know who killed her boyfriend. She wanted revenge. And I was willing, and still am, to help her with that. So we got all the information we could on Ralph Edwards. And that’s when we found you.”

“Sammy Smith. Girlfriend of 6 months. Hardly seen without Ralph. This was the perfect chance to find him. When I saw you walking down the street in Manhattan that night, I didn’t ask you to stay with me because you sent out good vibes. It was because I knew you had a major connection to Ralph. But that comes later in my story.”

“While we were looking for Ralph I had decided to ask Maria out. She said yes and we became so close so quick and I proposed. The night after I proposed, that’s when I found you.”

“That’s everything that involves Ralph and you. Now what I need to know, and please all honesty here, is Ralph really dead?” John asked Sammy

Sammy just sat there, then she looked at Terri and looked at John and shook her head silently. “No.” she whispered. “He’s not. Quite close to it though. Right now he’s in the hospital, in a coma, he’s been in one since he was hit with a car. My car.”