Sammy.

Chapter Eleven

Sammy was in shock. Probably the most shock she has been in all week. She knew Maria didn’t like her. Anyone could figure that out, but she didn’t know that she hated her. “What…. Why… What’s your problem Maria?” Sammy asked still in shock.

“Well for starters Ralph didn’t cheat on you darling. He cheated on me. Yea that’s right Ralph and I were a couple. And we still are. Hmm I guess it’s my turn to be the story teller yes?” Maria said with a cruel smile on her face taking pleasure from the faces of shock around the room.
“There was no boyfriend of 3 years. That was a cover. Ralph had told me he was seeing someone else and I was angry but we patched things up. He said he’d end things with the girl but I wanted to know who she was. Ralph’s lips wouldn’t move. I had to find this mysterious girl all on my own. So I made up a phony case that all lead Ralphie. John was very thorough about his background checks. So sure enough we found you. Sorry to say John I don’t love you.” Maria said ending with a fake giggle. “So the sooner he recovers the sooner we can destroy you Sammy.”

John looked heartbroken. He shook his head silently and finally said “Maria… Are you telling me it was all an act? When you said you loved me, when we made out when we made love?”

Maria stretched out her finger and used to it motion for him to come closer. “Between you and me…” she whispered “I faked it.”

Sammy had had it with Maria. Sure she wasn’t always the nicest, Sammy could live with that. But breaking John’s heart and watching him breakdown, and still have a look of amusement in her face? That was the last straw. Maria was terrible. Ruining lives one person at a time yet, she didn’t care the slightest bit.

Thinking all these bad thoughts about Maria had distracted her from what she should have been doing. Running out of the door to get as far away from Maria as possible. As soon at Ralph wakes up they’ll kill her. “Terri did you know about Maria?” Sammy asked spinning on her feet to look at her best friend still sitting on the couch. Terri nodded silently. “She never liked me. I was too overprotective of my big brother. I knew someday she would take advantage of him, even if she hasn’t done so yet. Why else would a 25 year old go out with a 16 year old I mean seriously.” Maria must have heard this and took great offence. “Love comes in all shapes and sizes!”

As she said this she walked to the only exit of the apartment. Took a gun from John and held it. “Now, if anyone tries to escape I kill them. This means you Sammy. Ralphie wanted me to wait for him to kill you but I can still immobilize you for the time being.” Sammy didn’t even try. She sat on the couch, looked at Maria and said “Alright. You win. I’m already dead so what’s the point?”