Sammy.

Chapter Thriteen

John just stood there in shock while Sammy counted her money and said “Listen you, stay here I’ll be back in like an hour or so. Don’t make her have a reason to be pissed at you. She has no need for you and will shoot you if necessary. I love you and goodbye.” Sammy said all in one breath kissing John’s cheek as she walked out the door. John laid on the couch closed his eyes and said to himself “Why does everyone I love end up leaving me?”

Sammy ran down the streets until she found a taxi and waved for it to stop. She looked at the taxi driver, gave him all the money she had taken with her to John’s house and said “Take this. It’s all I have, and drive me to this address.” Giving the man a piece of paper. “And back.” The man looked at the money nodded and said “I’ll have you there in 15 minutes.

The taxi driver dropped Sammy off at the front of the hospital and said he would wait until she was done. Sammy ran inside went to the front desk and said “Hi I’m, Maria Cortez I got a call that my boyfriend Ralph Edwards woke up. What room is he in?” The lady at the desk typed the name in her computer taking longer than Sammy would have wanted. Finally she said “Room 305. Congrats on him waking up Miss Cortez.” Sammy nodded and then sprinted to room 305.

She entered the room. Ralph was facing the opposite directed. “I got a call you woke up.” She said staring at the back of Ralph’s head.

“MARI…oh. It’s you.” Ralph said with sudden disgust in his voice. Sammy looked at him for a second then said “Did you really want me dead? That’s what Maria said and….it was an accident I’m so sorry!” Tears started to roll down her face.

“Dead? I would never want you dead. I loved you. Maria exaggerates way too much. Total turn off man. But--------whoa. I got another one of those dizzy spells sorry girl. They’ve been happening since I woke up. Didn’t want to worry the doctors though.”

Sammy was worried. Then it happened. His heart monitor started to race and then, it stopped. “Ralph?! Ralph?! Oh my god. SOMEBODY HELP!” Sammy said through her tears. “You weren’t supposed to die. You weren’t supposed to die.”