Sammy.

Chapter Fourteen

Sammy walked out of the room slowly. And walked slowly out of the building, found the taxi and sat down in the car. That’s when she completely broke down. “Hey miss, you alright?” The taxi driver said with great concern. Sammy, with tears falling down her face a mile a minute, shook her head. “My first love, I thought he hated me, he didn’t, but then he died, and it would have been better for me, if I thought he still hated me. Sammy choked out.

The man looked back at her and then said “Is there anyone you want to visit?”
“No.” She whispered. “Just take me home. I have some things I need to take care of.” The man nodded and drove her to the place where he had picked her up. When Sammy got out of the car so did he, and he held his arms out for a hug. Sammy jumped into his arms and said “Thank you. For everything, driving, putting up with my tears and for the comforting hug. If you ever need a hug, I‘ll be here for you.” The man smiled and wished her better luck. Sammy did the same.

As the taxi pulled away Sammy pulled herself together. It was done. Ralph was dead, there was nothing she could do about it. But there was a man she loved she had to go back to. She may not love him as much as she loved Ralph, but it was a start. There was also something else to go back to. Maria. It was Maria’s fault for him dying. If she had broken up with him when he started to go out with Sammy none of this would have happened. Sure, Sammy played a part, but in Sammy’s mind, Maria was the one at fault here. Maria killed her one true love.

Sammy ran to John’s apartment building, ran up the stairs, ran to the door, opened it wide and screamed “WHERE THE FUCK IS MARIA.” Maria came out from behind a corner and looked at Sammy. “YEA YOU. WELL GUESS WHAT MARIA? YOU KIND OF KILLED MY FIRST LOVE. IF YOU HAD JUST BROKEN UP WITH HIM WHEN HE OBVIOUSLY LIKED ME MORE AT THE TIME, RALPH WOULDN’T BE DEAD NOW. THIS. IS. ALL. YOUR. FAULT.” Maria stood there silently. It took a minute for things to sink in. Then she said “Wait. Ralph is dead?”