Sammy.

Chapter Fifteen

“WELL I THOUGHT THAT WAS IMPLIED WHEN I SAID YOU KILLED HIM!” Sammy screamed.
“Sammy! Calm down. You think you’re the only one who’s sad?! He WAS my brother. He WAS Maria’s boyfriend. We are ALL upset. You are being SO selfish right now!” Terri said. Sammy had almost forgotten she was there. Sammy shot Terri an apologetic glance and mouthed the word sorry. “Ugh, Save it Sammy.” Terri said tears starting to emerge.

John went over to Sammy and gave her a hug. She looked like she needed one. Terri ran to the bathroom for tissues to dry her eyes. Then Maria said “Now, calmly tell me why I killed Ralph. I wasn’t there when he died. YOU WERE!”
“I’m not going to defend myself. You know it was you. I HATE you. And really that’s all that matters.” Sammy said with the same cruelness Maria used when she talked. Terri came out of the bathroom and took her cell phone out of her pocket and called her mom. And in the background John, Maria and Sammy heard Terri talking about the funeral arrangements and such.

Finally Terri hung up the phone and joined the “group.” Taking a breath before she spoke Terri said “Well Maria and Sammy I know you guys were very close to Ralph so you guys will be invited to the funeral. John, it wouldn’t be fair not to invite you after all you’ve been through that involved Ralph, so if you want to come you’re welcome to. The wake is tomorrow and the funeral is in 2 days, Wednesday. Oh my god I can’t believe he’s gone…” Terri ended with and ran to the bathroom once more.

How the time flies… It was already 5:00pm on Monday. Sammy had arrived here on Saturday. Well, if you compare the time to all of the events that happened, then the time really didn’t fly at all. This would be a weekend Sammy would never forget. She began to wonder if John was her mechanic on the highway of life, or if he was just a speed bump.

The four of them went out to dinner. Maria went to a different restaurant than the other three. She knew she was lucky that so much had happened and that none of them had called the police about her little crazy moment in the apartment. After dinner was over they went back to the apartment and feel asleep soon after. Sammy and John in the master bedroom and Maria and Terri on the two pull out couches. Knowing they would be going to a wake the next day, I’m sure their dreams weren’t sweet.