Sammy.

Chapter Sixteen

Those two days went by quicker than imagined. So quick Sammy really didn’t remember most of the two days. Which to her might be a good thing. The only things she remembered were wearing black and crying along with all the other people who attended. It was over. She went to his wake and his funeral. Wasn’t this supposed to provide her with closure? If so closure wasn’t what she needed. She needed revenge.

It was Thursday. Maria for some reason was still here. Was still living in John’s apartment, after breaking his heart. Sammy found this odd. She couldn’t talk to John about this because he didn’t seem to care she was staying. She couldn’t talk to Terri because she went home with her mom after the funeral. Sammy, quite frankly, was quite pissed at John for keeping his ex around the house, with his current girlfriend living with him.

Sammy and John didn’t talk much since the funeral. This left Sammy to her thoughts more often. Deep, deep down Sammy knew it was her fault Ralph was dead, she DID hit him with HER car. But the more she thought about it the more she found Maria at fault. Ralph was going out with Maria first, but then he went to Sammy, which meant at the time he liked Sammy more to risk loosing Maria, but Maria was so seductive. She was the starter of the chain events in Sammy’s mind. She convinced Ralph to break up with Sammy and stay with herself and that’s what started everything that ruined Sammy’s life. Well, at least that’s what Sammy thought happened with the whole scenario. And it was pretty damn plausible. So to Sammy, it was right.

That night during dinner Sammy had decided to ask why Maria was staying at his house. John got all snippy at her and said “What does it matter? She doesn’t have a place to stay, why can’t she stay with us? Do you have a problem with her.?”
“Well yeah. She did kind of ruin my life.” Sammy replied getting really pissed at John.
“Oh so meeting me ruined your life. Gee thanks.” John said as he got up and walked out the door. “I’m taking a walk. Don’t wait up for me.”
“Yea. You do what you do best. Just run. Run, run, run, run, run. See if I care.” The door slammed behind him. Sammy dropped her head into her hands. “Great.” she said to herself. “Just great.”