Sammy.

Chapter Eighteen

“W-why are you calling? You stopped calling when I was 12.” Sammy said shaking, hardly able to hold the phone to her ear.
“You’re mother told me about how you said you were going to leave, but I didn’t believe her but then she called…. Well basically dear do you want to come back home? You can start school again, and hell, I’ll even live with you guys. I can’t help but blame myself for all this mess.” Her dad said.

Sammy heard the front door slam. It was John. “Sammies, I’m sorry I overreacted.” he said then noticing she was on the phone. John just nodded his head and sat on the couch. “I don’t know dad…It’s just I have a place to stay and everything….”

“Ohhh, I see. It’s a boy isn’t it.” her dad said calmly.
“Uhm, yea! He’s really cool and stuff…” Sammy said improvising. What she had said was the half truth. She HAD met someone but John wasn’t really considered a boy, he was 25 after all. But… Sammy thought. Ever since her dad left she wanted him to come back and live with them again. As she got older that thought just got pushed to the back of her mind. But it never truly left. What her dad was offering was her birthday wish ever since she was 6. This was possibly the toughest decision Sammy had to make to date. Well, she though, it wouldn’t hurt to just VISIT her parents. Just for the weekend.

“Ok dad. But I’m not going to stay. I’m just visiting for the weekend. Love you bye.” Sammy said ending the call. “John? I’m going to visit my parents for the weekend. I’m leaving tomorrow. I’ll be back Sunday night. Is this ok with you darling?”

“Perfectly fine. I don’t want to keep you from your family. Plus, I was going to tell you, I have really late hours this week. It sucks. I know. But, it works out perfectly. Get some rest. You have a long ride tomorrow, I’ll even lend you my GPS. Now, get ready and go to sleep. Night love.”