Sammy.

Chapter One

Mom. I’m leaving, goodbye.” Sammy yelled as she walked out the door, hearing it slam behind her. She wasn’t going to school. Or a friends. But somewhere far away. And when she said she was leaving, she meant it. Leaving, never to return. Well not soon anyway.

The wind blew fiercely, Sammy, holding on to her bag tight so it wouldn’t blow away, shivered constantly. Sammy, was not very happy with her life right now. Why you ask? That’s not important at the moment. What’s important now is where she is going. Who she will meet. And how that will change her life. Forever. How Sammy, a girl, so young of just 16 years, will encounter a life changing person and experience a life changing event.

She walked up and down the busy streets of Manhattan. Trying to get away from everything that has happened in the past week. The week that could have ruined her life. But her life is far from ruined. It’s just being towed to the nearest mechanic that’s all. It is quite fixable. All she has to do is be at the right place at the right time, talk to the right person, say the right things and her life will need no fixing.

Darkness started to sweep the city that never sleeps. Sammy, getting tired, needed a place to stay. But where? She knew no one in this city. And even if she did she had no clue where they might be. Something you should know about Sammy is that, she believed in signs. So when she heard ‘Slit Your Own Throat’ playing, possibly at a concert she went there. You see, The Used were her all time favorite band, so whenever she heard one of their songs play on the radio, she knew she was exactly where she was supposed to be. Since Sammy was in the middle of an unknown area to her, and she just happened to hear The Used, she followed the music.

Where did it lead her? It lead her to Madison Square Garden. No, there was no concert going on. Just some random guy blasting his music. This had got Sammy no closer to finding somewhere to stay. Or so she thought.

Sammy must have looked very confused because shortly after arriving at Madison Square Garden a man came up to her and said “Do you need any help miss?” Sammy turned around quickly. She studied the mans features. He was wearing a suit and tie, like he was just coming back from work, he had black, shaggy hair, some stubble and over all was a decent looking man. “Oh no. I’m fine. Well…actually I need a place to stay for the night. Do you know any nearby hotels that I might be able to stay in?” Sammy asked timidly. Normally she wasn’t very shy around people, even people she had just met, but something about this guy, made her nervous.

“A young lady like yourself shouldn’t be spending her money on hotels! Stay with me for the night. I promise, I don’t bite.” Sammy was hesitant. Last time someone had said “I don’t bite”, was on the worst day of her life and she didn’t plan on reliving that day. But, he was nice enough to offer and she might hurt his feelings if she had said no. “Okay….” Sammy replied hesitantly. The man’s face lit up. “Thank you for giving me a chance. By the way. My name is John. John Corinthos.