Sammy.

Chapter Three

Sammy, in shock let out an abrupt sigh of relief. From what she knew at this point was that the man wasn’t going to rape her with his girlfriend standing feet away. Well Sammy hoped he wouldn’t, at least. “Um….” Sammy was able to force out of her lips. Her mind was being overwhelmed with questions, but she couldn’t seem to get her lips to move and say them. Maria, John’s girlfriend, sat down near them to join in on the conversation that they were about to have.

“You must have a lot of questions for us.” John started “But, I can’t answer all of them right now. I assume that one of your questions is why I asked you to stay with me tonight. All I can tell you right now is that when I saw you standing on the sidewalk, I had a good feeling about you. I can’t really describe it, but you sent out good vibes.” Sammy nodded taking in what John had just said.

“And, if you haven’t already guessed John and I would like you to stay with us longer than a night. You’ll see soon enough why we are asking this of you.” Maria said calmly but rushed.

Now that Sammy got a good look at them, she could see that they both looked really stressed and tired, dark bags were under both of their eyes. Both John and Maria forced smiles waiting for Sammy’s response. To see if she was willing to stay with them. Thinking she really didn’t have a choice, Sammy nodded silently. “I’ll do it.” She whispered. “But you guys have to answer some of my questions. You just can’t expect me to go into whatever you want me to do, blindly.

“Darling, we understand you have your doubts, curiosities and worries but….” Maria began to say
“But what? I want to know exactly what’s going, and I expect you guys to answer my questions fully.” Sammy said almost yelling.

“Sammy, we’ll answer all of your questions….in time. But before you ask anything, Maria and I have some questions that need to be asked. The first thing that I need to know is, why exactly were you in that part of Manhattan tonight.
“Oh that’s easy”. Sammy stated. “It’s because of a boy. A boy named Ralph. Ralph Edwards.”