Sammy.

Chapter Five

“Dead?! Dead?! How the hell can he be dead?!” Maria started yelling as she paced back and forth with her hand on her head, as if she was trying to think of something. John ran over to her trying to calm her down. Whispering things to her like “It’s alright, It’s alright, everything’s going to be ok.”

Sammy felt something vibrate. It was her phone. Who could be texting her? She told all of her friends not to try to contact her in anyway. Opening the text her eyes widened and she dropped her phone on the ground. “Oh, shit.” Sammy said as her heart started to race. She got all of her stuff together and threw it in her bag. “What are doing?” John questioned walking towards the panicking Sammy.

“I, I have to go.” was Sammy’s only response as she bolted for the door. Maria, as fast as she could, ran for the door, trying to stop Sammy from leaving. But it was too late. Sammy had left the room. Maria, determined to find Sammy, was about to chase after her. John just shook his head. “No. She’ll come back when she feels it’s right. Everything will work out for the greater good babe.”

“The greater good? He’s dead Johnny. What are we supposed to do now?” Maria said, trying to hold back tears. John squeezed her than kissed her on the head. “I promise things will work out. When Sammy comes back we’ll figure this out together.” Maria forced a smile through her tears and looked up at John. “You always know what to say, I love you.”

“I love you too. Let’s get some sleep babe. I have a feeling we'll be having a busy day tomorrow."