Sammy.

Chapter Six

“Oh my god. What time is it?” Maria said in a tired voice. No one answered. “John? Hello?” Still no answer. Maria got out of bed to see a note taped to the door. In fancy cursive writing it said:
Dearest Maria,
I had to go out and take care of a few things. I didn’t want to wake you. I shall be home around 6.
Love always,
John
Tossing the note aside Maria went to look at the clock. 12:30pm. She hadn’t slept that late since she was in her teenage years. Making herself a cup of coffee she couldn’t help but feel something was off, she couldn’t quite place it but something did not seem right. Oh well. It was probably just that she missed John. She did love him after all.

Hours went by. Maria counted down until John came home. She felt so alone, a feeling she hasn’t felt in a while. Finally it was 6 but John was no where to be found.

An hour passed.

And another.

And another.

Maria began to worry. She tried calling his cell but it went straight to voicemail. Suddenly someone started violently knocking on the door. It couldn’t be John Maria thought. He has a key and why would he waste his time trying to freak her out with his excessive knocking? Fear started to take over. “Who, Who is it?” Maria said with a shaky voice.

“Just open the door!” said a panting voice Maria immediately recognized as John’s. Opening the door revealed John, and two teenaged girls. Maria knew one of the girls, Sammy, but the other, was a complete mystery. Her face was looking in the other direction, so Maria couldn’t get a good look. “Where were you? What took you so long? Who is that girl?” Maria said, getting kind of anxious.

“I think Sammy should answer those questions. She knows more than I.” John said calmly. He always had a way of staying perfectly calm in the strangest situations. “Well, to start…” Sammy began. “This is my best friend in the entire world. Terri. Terri Johnson.”