Sammy.

Chapter Seven

“Hi nice to meet you.” Terri said quickly and quietly, making her face not visible. The four of them sat down. Maria offered the two girls a coffee. Both declined. There was silence for what felt like hours. Finally Maria said “So, are you guys going to tell me what the fuck is going on or are we going to sit here for 5 more hours?”

“Maria. Calm down. These girls have been through a lot in the past week, give them time. I know you don’t like being left in the dark. I would tell you but it’s not my story to tell.” John said pausing several times to find the perfect words to say to her.

Seeing that Terri wasn’t going to talk anytime soon Sammy started her end of the story. “So I guess you wanna know why I just got up and left? Well I had been planning on leaving my hometown for a while. All my close friends knew. All my friends knew. All my enemies knew. Everyone knew. Even my mom. She didn’t want me to leave but respected my choice. Anyway I didn’t want any contact from my hometown at all so it would be easier to leave and stay wherever I was going. And if someone had contacted me I would ignore it. But, that changed when I met you guys. I was scared, with people I has just met and wanted Terri here with me. She ended up texting me and I couldn’t just ignore it so I went to visit her, I knew you guys would try to stop me so I just left.” Sammy ended, looking at Maria, to see if she was still annoyed.

What a surprise. She was. Glaring at the back of Terri’s head she said “What about her? Where does she come into play hmmm?” Then there was silence. Maria got up walked quietly but quickly. Too quickly for anyone to ask her what she was doing. She bent behind the couch where Terri was sitting it. To look her in the eyes and ask her, her part of the story.

As she was about to do that she stopped. Looked in the girl’s beautiful blue eyes and staying there in shock. The first words Maria spoke were “You are such a filthy liar you son of a bitch!” those words were directed towards Sammy. “Her last name isn’t Johnson. It’s fucking Edwards! This is Terri Edwards, Ralph Edward’s little sister.”