Such a Beautiful Lie to Believe In

Johnny Depp's Secret Window...Matt's Secret Room

I was dreaming that I suddenly became the greatest female warrior in the world. And do you wanna know who my first two victims were? Beavis and Butthead…just kidding. Actually it was none other than Matt and Brian, the world’s biggest assholes.

You should’ve seen it – I was kicking there asses. Now I was the one who was towered over them. A large sword was grasped firmly in my hand. I had an opportunity to kill them, but would I take it?

Brian, who made me think I was in love, had just beaten me up, and Matt, well, he was just a dick from the start. The world would be a much better place with them in it. I raised my sword above my head and my body began shaking, mostly just from the overwhelming combination of emotions that were raging through my body.

Matt spat some blood out of his mouth and grinned up at me. “Stop pretending, Joie, we all know you’d never have the guts to kill.”

I glared down at him and tried to swing my sword downward, but my arms seemed to be locked in place. “I don’t need guts to kill the likes of you,” I retorted.

He smirked, “Prove it.”

And then the morbid land we had been in disappeared and I woke up to see Jimmy poking my nose.

“Um, what are you doing?” I demanded. He stopped his poking and leaned back. It was then that I saw that he was straddling me…huh, I must not have felt it because he’s like a twig.

“You needed to wake up now, so I was sent in to do the deed.”

“Why did I need to be woken up? I was just having a good dream and I wanted to see how it ended!”

“Did it involve me fucking you?” he smirked.

I tried my best not to make an entirely evident grossed out face. “Uh, not quite…”

“Well then it wasn’t that great of a dream.”

“Trust me, it would’ve been a dream come true…I think.”

“You think? If there’s doubt about it then it probably isn’t as good as you think,” he laughed.

Was he right? Well, I mean on one hand the two people solely responsible for ruining my life would be dead. But on the other hand, that would require me to kill them…which is something I don’t think I could bring myself to do.

I must’ve zoned out because Jimmy was waving a hand in front of my face calling my name. I blinked a few times, a little startled. “What?”

“I need to do what I came in here to do.”

“…which would be what?”

He pulled something out behind his back; a first aid kit. He laughed nervously, “I have no clue why the hell they put me on doctor duty. I don’t know how to do this shit.”

I rolled my eyes, “You don’t know how to open a band aid and put it over bloody areas of skin?”

He looked offended, “Hey, it’s harder than you think.”

“Ok…well anyway, I can handle this myself. I don’t need one of you guys taking care of me.”

I reached into the box and pulled out Neosporin and band aids. A lot of the stab wounds were deeper than I thought they were. I was gonna need more than band aids. “Do you know how to sew?”

He gasped, “Did you just call me a woman?!”

“Uh, no…?”

He crossed his arms over his chest and didn’t look at me. “Yes, I do,” he mumbled, pulling out some string and other sewing necessities.

“If you tell anyone of this, it shall result in your death,” he said dramatically, as he began to stitch my severed skin back together.

How can someone like him be friends with the likes of the other two? Maybe this guy will help me escape! But the thought was quickly shot down. No, they’d just find me like they did before.

Jimmy finished up much quicker than I expected. “There you’re all fixed,” he smiled as he got up off of me.

I tried to smile back, just because he was being so nice, but it was an utter fail. He sighed, “What’s wrong?”

“I…I just want to go home. I want to forget about you guys and go back to my own life, thinking that this was all a bad dream.”

“It’s only a bad dream if you allow it to be one.”

“That makes no sense.”

“Think of it like this – you’re looking at the situation from a totally negative view. If you thought of the positives, maybe you’d come to see that there aren’t as many bad things here as you think.”

“Easier said than done.”

From the corner of my eye I could tell that he was staring at me thoughtfully. “Here, I know what might help. Why don’t you come downstairs and watch a movie with me?”

He was being fairly nice and considerate…so I couldn’t turn him down. This time I managed to smile a little. “Ok, I’m sure that’ll help, especially if you pick a good movie.”

*Brian’s POV*

I don’t know what came over me, but whatever it was it felt good. Ever since I’d been trying to win Joie over, I’d been suppressing my true self. And now, ironically enough, Joie brought him back to life.

“Dude, it’s so nice seeing you back to your old self,” Matt grinned, leaning up against the wall.

“I know. And the best part is, now that Joie’s seen me like this, there really is no point in hiding that much anymore.”

“True, and that’s where the fun can begin.”

“Actually, speaking of Joie, what do you think we should do with her?”

Matt paused for a moment in thought. “Well, obviously she’s not going to cooperate at all if she doesn’t have someone to do it for. You need to convince her somehow that you lost control and didn’t intend to hurt her that badly. Get her to fall in love with you again.”

I stared at him wide-eyed. “I don’t think you know how hard that’s going to be. Seeing the fear in her eyes…it was such a rewarding feeling. What if I’m tempted to do it again?”

He shrugged, “Call it kinky, violent sex.”

“I hope this works.”

“Syn, you’re the best when it comes to this shit. Don’t start doubting your own abilities.”

I sighed…he was right. “Alright, I’ll get on that. I think Jimmy said there’d be a movie on in a bit. I’ll wait till that’s over before making my move.”

No matter how good I was at playing the game, this was gonna be one victory that won’t come easily.

*Normal POV*

The movie Jimmy selected was one of the only Johnny Depp movies that I had never seen…The Secret Window. I loved the movie from the minute it started. It was sort of a psychological thriller, which definitely held my interest.

But than an interesting thought entered my mind; in the movie, the window overlooked a garden, which is the location where Depp eventually buries his wife and plants corn over her grave. His secret was hidden from within the window’s view.

When Matt gave me the tour of the house, he said that there was one room that I wasn’t allowed in. Why would he say something like that? There must be some sort of meaningful secret in there…and now would be the perfect time to check.

As the movie progressed, I found myself moving closer and closer to Jimmy. I don’t think it had much of a significant meaning…I just liked being near people when I watched movies. I leaned forward a little, causing him to sit up as well.

“Hey I’m gonna run to the bathroom real quick,” I said.

“Want me to pause the movie?”

“Aw, no that’s ok. I don’t know how long I’ll be. Thanks though!”

Luckily, the bathroom and the stairs were in the same general direction. He would never know the difference.

It was hard to remember exactly where Matt’s secret room was located, but after a couple of wrong turns, I finally found it. I went to turn the doorknob, and to my surprise…it was locked. I pulled a bobby pin out of my hair and bent it to the perfect shape. I’ve broken into my fair share of doors back in the day. It didn’t take me too long to get the door open.

It creaked as I slowly opened it further and further. The room, at first glance, didn’t seem to be anything special…just an office. There were various articles and newspaper clippings taped up on the wall, most of which regarded various brutal murders. Not a shocker there. Matt is a sadistically insane bastard.

On the far wall there was what looked like police sketches of five men. They weren’t very accurate, but I knew who they were meant to be. Ok, so they’re petty criminals who have escaped prison. I’ve heard of worse. But it gets weirder.

On the wall that surrounded the window, there must’ve been about 100 pictures taped on the drywall. In fact, it seems as if he was too cheap to buy wallpaper and instead decided to use horror stories in the paper to cover his walls.

There were pictures of politicians, children, mothers, teenagers, hookers…it was a pretty random group of people. They all had dark red X’s through their faces, except for two of them. They were up at the very top of the wall. I squinted my eyes to see and I swear my heart stopped beating for a couple of seconds.

At the very top of the wall there were two pictures without an X on their faces. And they were…the governor and…me. They were going to kill us? Who the hell are these guys?!

I looked closer at some of the nearby articles and finally I put two and two together. I was trapped a house with Avenged Sevenfold – one of the most feared gangs in the area. I suddenly felt light-headed. This can’t be happening to me…I have to get out of here!

I kept backing up toward the door, taking slow steps due to the fact that my body was now entering shock. I never made it too the door.

A body was waiting behind me.

A knife was shoved up against my throat.

A heart stopped beating.
♠ ♠ ♠
does jimmy have feelings for joie? how will brian win joie's heart back? find out in the next chapter!

5+ comments for an update