Such a Beautiful Lie to Believe In

I'm In Love With My Stalker

I was standing at the local gas-station when I turned in my lottery ticket. Anxiously, I gripped the edge of the counter, not honestly expecting to win anything at all. The cashier’s eyes lit up as he exclaimed, “Joie, you…you’ve just won a hundred-fifty million dollars!”

I screamed so loud that some of the windows cracked a little. “This is the happiest day of my life,” I gushed, reaching for the massive stack of cash being presented to me. But what I felt wasn’t exactly a wad of cash…

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I glanced down to see what was in my hand. It was a black sheet…not exactly money. “Where’s my money?” I mumbled, wiping some sleep from my eyes.

This place was strange. Even without my eyes open, I could tell that I wasn’t in my own room or anything close to it. The room was painted dark purple with a bunch of posters on the wall. There were large “collectible” knives and swords displayed on the wall. I opened my eyes a little more to see that I was not at the gas station; instead, I was in a large bed covered in black sheets and a black quilt. There was a guy sleeping next to me. I suddenly felt a draft and pulled the covers closer to me to find that I was lying in this stranger’s bed naked. Being as subtle as possible, I lifted the covers a little and saw that he was naked too, and damn did he have a nice body. Looks like I got hellas lucky last night.

I smiled to myself a little at the thought of having sex with a hot guy, but the problem was I have no idea what happened last night…literally, I can’t even tell you what I was wearing. This isn’t good. Actually, I do remember going home from work, having to go to the grocery store, meeting some guy and that’s about it.

Wait, I bet that this guy is the same guy I ran into at the store! Oh, what was his name…Bob? Brendan? Bailey? Baxter? Brian? Oh yeah it was Brian! I needed answers right now, and I didn’t care if Brian was still asleep, I’m gonna get them.

“Hey, Brian,” I whispered, tapping his arm. He just grunted and moved around a little. Of course this has to be hard. “BRIAN!” I shouted, whacking him with my pillow, forgetting I was still completely naked. Needless to say, he heard me that time.

His eyes opened and he quickly turned around with nothing but pure murder written in his eyes. I felt a shiver of fear run up and down my spine and I was frozen in place. It didn’t take him long to realize that it was me and that I was naked and that murderous look soon changed to an amused one. “Damn, I wish I could wake up to this every morning,” he smirked, looking up and down.

I felt my cheeks burn red as I scrambled around for covers. “G-glad that you’re finally up,” I said.

“Why, so we can finish what we started last night, Super J?”

Holy shit, I must’ve been 100% wasted if I ever told him about Super J. Damn it, this sucks. “You can’t finish something if you don’t remember it in the first place,” I smirked, feeling myself be a little flirty. And the weird part was…I didn’t know why I was flirting with him, I mean he could’ve raped me last night or something!

“You don’t remember any of it? Well, I guess I’m not too surprised, you were so fucking drunk. But basically we had sex and then fell asleep in my bed,” he shrugged.

I ran my fingers through my hair, sighing. This can’t be happening…here it is, another mistake to add to the endlessly growing list. I laughed a little sarcastically and reached for my clothes scattered around the room, dragging my sheet with me. “Well, thanks for what I’m assuming was a good time last night. But, I’m very familiar with the process so I’ll just um leave now,” I said once I was fully dressed.

The springs on the bed jumped around as I heard him quickly get out of bed. “What are you talking about? I don’t want you to go,” Brian said.

I stopped in my tracks. Of all the times that I’ve had drunken sex…I’ve never heard the guy tell me to stay. I turned around so that I was facing him, and I could tell that he was serious judging by the look on his face. “Why would you want me to stay, Brian? I’m nothing special…and plus, you just met me yesterday, right?”

“You’re special to me. And so what if I just met you? I really like you, Joie and I wish that you would stop putting yourself down and just give me a chance to spend more time with you,” he pleaded.

Some of it seemed overdramatic, honestly, but what he was saying was something that I’ve always wanted a guy to say to me. Well, I guess I could give him a chance. I mean, what’s the worst that could happen? “Alright, Brian, I’ll give you a chance. But I really do have to go…I have work in an hour.”

Brian’s face lit up at my words. “Thanks, Joie, I promise you won’t regret it. And would you mind stopping off here after your shift?”

“As long as you guys don’t get me drunk off my ass again, that shouldn’t be a problem.”

Brian wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug right up against his amazing stomach. I thought that that’s all he was going to do, but he still had a grip on my shoulders when he pulled away a little. Before I knew what he was doing, he leaned down and placed the gentlest kiss on my lips. It was something so different that I couldn’t believe he did that – almost like he was trying to prove even more that I can trust him and that he’s not just another stupid sexaholic man whore. I smiled up at him before leaving the room, and finally finding the front door after getting lost a few times in between.

I rushed getting into work, barely making it in on time. And of course Kathy noticed. “Whoa, what have you been up to?” she smirked.

I shrugged, “Oh the usual…run into a guy at a grocery store, go home with him, get drunk, wake up in his bed. You know how I roll.”

“WHAT?! Joie, that’s like a record. How do you nail a guy so fast like that?” she gasped.

“I got lucky I guess. But the weird thing is that he told me he really does like me and that I should stop by his place again after my shift.”

“Oh, I’m so happy for you, girl! I better get a chance to meet him,” she giggled.

We didn’t have much more time to chat because orders were coming in like crazy. I felt so on top of the world at the moment, and it definitely made a difference in my cooking. Not only did I not burn myself, but I also actually got tips and compliments sent back to me in the kitchen, which has never happened to me before. I’d say that even if something did go wrong at this point, I wouldn’t give a shit because I’m too happy to care!

*M. Shadows’ POV*

I watched from the secret room on the third floor as Joie drove off. Where the hell does she think that she’s going? Syn better have a damn good excuse for letting her go like that. I stormed down to his room and walked in on him playing guitar. “Alright, first I want details and second, why did you let her go?!” I growled.

Syn put down his guitar and said, “It’s all fine, I laid down the sweet talk a little extra this morning and I’m pretty sure she fell for it. She has to go to her job or else people will start getting suspicious and so will she. She said she’ll come back here tonight and that’s when we can tell her to move in with us. Trust me, Shads, I’m the master in this subject. I know what I’m doing.”

“You better hope so. We can’t afford to fuck this up.”

“Shads, just calm down and enjoy the ride, alright? We’ll have the governor out of the way within a week and Joie will be trapped with us forever. There’s no way that anything or anyone can stop us.”

He did have some good points there. I smirked a little and nodded before leaving the room. The thought of everything going according to my plan just is the best feeling in the world. I know that I can trust Syn to do what needs to be done with that bitch and when he’s done with her, the rest of us can join in on the fun. And the best part is – she has no fucking clue about what we have planned.

*Normal POV*

My shift is over in exactly 6 minutes and 32 seconds. I’ve been working here for what feels like forever, and I have every reason to countdown till closing. The kitchen was kind of under control and I was slowly falling down from that high I was experiencing either. I blame the lack of sleep. Anyway, I glanced through the kitchen window out at the people in the restaurant and saw someone I wouldn’t have expected to see. It wasmy stalker Brian.

“Hey, Kathy, looks like you’ll get to meet him,” I said, dumbfounded as I stared out at him.

“Meet who?”

“Brian,” I nodded in his direction.

She found him and then she gasped. “Oh my God Joie! Why didn’t you tell me he was that guy?” My confused expression urged her to continue. “Joie, that’s one of the guys that came in with that group of five hot guys last week. You know the ones who gave you $20 even though you took too long on that guy’s steak? Damn, this guy was staring you down, I totally remember!”

Damn, so that’s where I knew him from! Ah, that’s such a relief knowing where I knew him from…at least it was just that instead of him being like a criminal on the news or something. The bell rang, indicating that the shift was finally over. I threw off my apron and ran out to meet Brian.

The only problem was…I was not prepared for what he was about to tell me tonight. Not one bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
oooh what's Brian gonna say to Joie??? And will she catch on to the guys' scheme before it's too late? find out in the next chapter!

3-5 comments for an update