Behind These Hazel Eyes

One-Shot

So there's this guy that I kinda like. The only problem? He's not my boyfriend. Thats a big problem you say? Well, kind of.

My boyfriend and I haven't exactly gotten along lately. As for the reason, well it's a stupid one. He thinks I spend too much time with other guys. And as if that isn't enough, he also thinks I'm cheating on him. Me? Cheat? Honestly people, do you think I'd do that? Okay, some of you do, big deal. The truth is what matters, and the truth is that I'm not.

Well, why would he think something like that then? Simple, he's just jealous. My best friend happens to be a guy, and one that my boyfriend used to be best friends with. Obviously, you can see the problem there.

So yeah, I guess we'll start off with the fight that started this whole thing. Sound good to you? No? Well too bad, this is my story.

________________________________________________

August 18, 2008

"I don't care Jake! I'm not going to quit being friends with Ryan just because you're jealous and can't admit you're wrong and say sorry." I yelled at him.

"You'll do what I say or else!" he yelled back at me, his face bright red with anger.

"Or else what? You'll break up with me? Well? What are you gonna do?"

"I'll," he paused in midsentence, probably unable to think of a good threat.

"You can't think of anything, can you?"

"I'll tell your mom you've been sleeping around!"

I stared at him flabberghasted. He so did not just go there. That was it. That was all I could take for one day.

"That's it! Get out! Get out right now! Leave my house this instant!" I screamed. Thank god my mother wasn't around to hear any of this.

"Fine! I will!"

"Fine!"

He stormed out of my room and down the stairs as I slammed the door shut. Outside, I heard his car door slam shut, and the car start, then speed away.

Ugh, I hate guys! They are such fucking pricks!

What I needed right now was some good, calming music. And by calming, I mean loud and somewhat heavy. I turned on my CD player and put in my Atreyu CD, playing it full blast.

I don't know how long I sat there, but I remember waking up later on, my stereo was on low, and the window was open.

Mom must be home, I thought. I went downstairs, ate dinner quickly and went straight back upstairs and to bed.

________________________________________________

August 20, 2008 The Present

"Leave me alone Jake! I don't care how many times you apologize, it still doesn't change what you said."

It has been 2 days since our argument, and he has followed me around everywhere.

Lucky for me, I only have one class with him. Unlucky for me, he sits right next to me in said class. You can probably imagine how well that one works out. The whole class period, he keeps passing me notes, so I finally turn to him with a stern look on my face. I guess he knows me well enough to know that I'm not joking now, so he sat up straight and looked directly at me.

"Look Jake, I really don't care what you say, so shut up and leave me alone."

He sighed and turned away. As much as I want to admit that I was being stubborn, I know that he'd use it against and I wouldn't be able to live it down.

Hours later as I'm sitting at home, the phone rings and its Ryan. Of all the things to start off saying, he says, "Ashlee, will you go out with me?"

He sounds a bit nervous, of course I would be too if I were him. I'm totally shocked by the question, because after all, I do like him. But at this point in time, you've got to remember that I'm still dating Jake right now.

"I really wish I could say yes, but you know I'm still dating Jake."

"Why don't you just dump him for me? I know things between the two haven't been very good lately."

"Ryan...I,"

Wait a minute, you're saying. I say I'm not cheating on him, but this is kinda contrdictory, right? Wrong. It really isn't becuase I haven't said yes to him yet. He does have a point though. And I have been thinking about dumping Jake. But does he really deserve it at this point? I don't think he does.

"I hope you know he's spreading rumors about you sleeping around, right Ashlee?"

Okay, he so deserves it. And what has just told me seals the deal.

"Alright Ryan, I'd love to go out with you."

"Thank you so much Ashlee. I won't treat you like he does, has," he corrected himself.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow, Ryan."

"Okay, bye Ashlee."
________________________________________________

August 21, 2008 The Next Day

That was a total failure. I thought breaking up with Jake would be easy, but I was wrong. He knew something was up when I said we needed to talk. When I told him that, he sighed and kissed me roughly and passionately, more than he ever had before.

It totally caught me off guard and I kissed back. However, as soon as I realized what was happening, I pushed away from Jake and shook my head. This is the last thing I needed, him confusing me by doing that. Had I done the right thing by dumping Jake and saying yes to Ryan?

The answer is yes. Now, I'm much happier and things are easier. Jake and I srill talk, and we still work together on every project we have in that one class we share.

Because of me, the two guys have made amends and are friends again. I'm glad I helped patch things up between them, and that things are like they used to be before I started dating Jake.

Now I have a question for you. Do you remember how all fairy tales end? They all lived happily ever after. Well, my life is kinda like that right now, escept that without warning, things can change. For the mean time though, I'm just gonna live my life and not worry about whats around the corner. Thats the best thing I can do. After all, look what happend to people who worry about tests. They usually fail the,. Anyway, now that I've found out how my story ends, why don't you go do the same?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I still have to post a couple of chapters of my A7X fics, but I'm not done tweaking them, and I'm having writers block on them.

This was just a random kind of thing that started out as a small thing to use up my extra time in my SRT class, but the first line gave me inspiration for a whole story so I decided I'd try to write something like a one-shot.

SPeaking of one-shots, does anybody want one? I'd be happy to write some requests for you all. Just give me a little information like who you want to be with, a small character description and any special events you want to happen.

I'm also still doing wallpapers and stuff. They won't be very fancy since I don't have photoshop, but I can make some pretty decent things. Just tell me what size you want if its gonna be a wallpaper and what you want on it.

So I guess I'm done for, I'll work on finishing up those stories and having them up by the end of the week. And I'm really sorry about the long absence of mine.

Love you all. Peace.