So Everybody Loves You

There's Nothing Hiding In Your Closet

I had just got done at the magazine studio and was heading to Berkeley Elementary to pick Jacoby up. As soon as I pulled up in front of the school and stepped out of the car, my five year old kindergartner came rushing into my open arms with his backpack swung over one shoulder. "Hey sweetie, did you have a good day?" "Yes! It was sooo much fun! We did all kinds of fun stuff today! You wouldn't even believe it!" "Alright, that's great sweetheart. You ready to go pick sissy up and stop by the carnival for a little bit?" "Yeah!" he shouted excitedly. "Alright, in ya go." I ushered him into the passenger seat of my sparkling electric blue Spykler.

We swung by the day-care center, picked up my little Maria, and were off on are way to the carnival. They rode the bumper cars, the Farris wheel, the tilt-a-whirl, a whole bunch of little kid rides, and now we were walking around eating ice cream. "Mom?" "Yeah baby?" I asked, walking while carrying Maria on one hip and occupying my my right arm, while feeding myself an ice cream cone with another. "Ya know that song you like so well, that one you always play really loud in the car?" "Welcome to Paradise?" "Yeah that's it! Who sins that? Isn't it like Green Bay or something? Cause I was telling my friends at school about how you said you'd take me to their concert when I was a little bit older." I laughed a little at this, but I was amused. "Green Day, Honey, but you came very close. And yes, I am taking you to one in the near future."

We hung out at the carnival for probably another hour or so before we went home. "So, what do you guys think sounds good for dinner?" "I dunno." Was all I got in return from my two, worn down, mumbling children. "Well, here's what you've first gotta ask your selves. Eat home, or eat out?" They instantly jumped to their feet and no longer looked tired. "Eat out!" They shouted together. I laughed, picked up Maria, grabbed my purse, Jacoby's hand, and we left. We decided upon McDonlad's. "Can I get two Happy Meals please. One cheeseburger, one chicken nugget, both with mountain dews. And then I'll just take a number '3' please.

A Little While Later

"This is good mommy, thank you." "No problem baby. Hey Jacoby, can you hand me a napkin, your sister's a little messy here." I giggled at her ketchup stained face. "Here ya go mom." "Thank, Honey." I reached over and wiped her face up the best I could. But hey, she was only two and a half. If anybody says anything, well, I'm about to whoop somebody's rear. I had to laugh to myself on that one. (Inside joke. It's a YouTube thing.)

So later that night, after we'd got back home and I'd put the kids to bed and everything, I had started working on an article for "Rolling Stone." The article was on the band, Evanescence. We had just found out some new and interesting news about the band.

"Here goes." I whispered to myself I sat down at my laptop and started to write.

"This just in our well loved Amy Lee from the well known rock band Evanescence! It seems that Lee has just been recently engaged to her long time boyfriend, Josh. They plan to be married sometime soon, but want to keep the wedding simple. But her band mates are worried of how this will effect the band with Josh possibly needing more of Amy's attention. So what's going to happen here? I guess we're going to have to wait until next week when "Rolling Stone" has a personal interview with the band on this discussion. Be sure to read next week!" - Adeline Avery

That went a lot quicker than I thought it would. I was just about to close my laptop, turn out the light, and call it a night, when I heard a soft crying coming from my little girls bedroom. I quietly got up and made my way up the stairs and down the hallway into her room. I looks over to her bed where she was turned over on her side with her face buried in the blankets against the side rail, weeping. I quietly walked over to her and gently picked her up, holding her over my shoulder, rubbing her back as to soothe her, and asking her what was wrong. "Mommy, th-there's a-a m-monster in my c-closet!" "Oh, sh, sh, Honey, no. No, no, no, there's nothing sweetheart, really. Trust mommy. Okay? You trust mommy right?" She sniffled and looked at me with big, scared eyes, but nodded slowly. "There's nothing hiding in your closest. Nothing can hurt you, and you're safe with me. Understand?" She nodded and laid her head back down on my should again.

"Okay, now look baby. Mommy's gonna show you, there's nothing to be afraid of, okay? And you're gonna be a big girl for mommy alright?" "No, no, I don't wanna!" She buried her face in the crook of my neck and her fragile little body shook as she cried. She was really scared! "Come on M-rie. There's nothing there baby, can't you understand that." She just sniffled again and kept her head buried. "You wanna sleep with momma tonight?" She nodded her little head and I knew she felt relieved. "Alright, my room it is. But still, there's nothing in your closet, Baby." But she refused to believe it.

So I took her back to my room and snuggled my tiny child close to me, making her feel as safe as possible. With Maria thinking that there were monsters in her closet was going to be a problem, that was a fact. Now if she started believing there were monsters in my closet, we had a big problem.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it!

I know I haven't written much of my last series in a while and I promise I'll catch up soon for those of you who are enjoying it, but I've been sick and had no inspiration, but I'm starting to feel a little better. Listening to some Green Day music and reading a Billie Joe fan-fic story that a girl wrote on here inspired me to write this. So thanks to her!

Hope you enjoyed this! Next chapter out soon! Poor Maria! By the way M-rie is a nick name for Maria if you haven't guessed. It's pronounced (M-RE).