So Everybody Loves You

Grandma And Grandpa Are Coming To Town

Christmas Day

"Grandma!" Maria ran to the front door into her grandma's arms. It has been at least a year or so since she's last seen her. Jacoby was already engaged in a deep conversation with Grandpa. "Hey Mom." I walked over to her giving her a big hug. "Hello sweetheart, how have you been holding up?" "Oh I've been, okay?" "Okay? Ah I see. We'll talk in the kitchen." She said winking at me. I smiled at her. "So how have you been little one?" She asked Maria. "I've been great! I started kindergarten this year and everything and school is really fun! I've got a lot of new friends and the teacher calls me her pet for some weird reason." My mom laughed at this and ruffled Maria's hair. "Oh you're so cute, you." She smiled and tweeked her nose. "Grandma's got a surprise for you and Coby! Where is little Coby by the way?" "He's talking with Grandpa, what's the surprise Grandma?!?!" She asked excitedly. "Well, let's go find your brother and then you'll see." We walked through to the dinging room where Jacoby and Dad sat talking about video games and cars, things that Jacoby seemed to be getting interested in these days. "Jacoby!" Grandma exclaimed. "Grams!" He jumped from his chair and ran to give her a hug. "How have you been sugar?" She asked. "Great, how are you?" He smiled brightly. "I'm even better now that I'm back with you guys." She said grinning. "I've got a surprise or two for you kids!" She sang. "What is it?" They called.

She first sat fresh chocolate chip cookies down on the table. We adored her cookies. They were the absolute best! No doubt! Then she sat sugar cookies in assorted shapes and colors for Christmas time on the table as well. "Thanks Grandma!" They exclaimed. "Yeah, thanks Grandma." I said, stealing a blue and white sugar cookie shaped like a bell. I grinned and took a bite. She wagged her finger at me and gave a me a motherly look with a smirk. "What else is in your bag Grandma?" Maria questioned. "That my dear, would be presents." She smiled. "Presents!" They exclaimed. "Go ahead and open them!" She said. They opened the wonderfully wrapped packages to reveal tons of clothes, toys, video games, games, shoes, anything a kid could dream of getting on Christmas. They got it. I smiled as I watched the gleaming in their eyes. But as I smiled, I realized to myself, that it was also a sad smile, and it was only a sad smile because of one reason.

"Adeline Dear, could you use some help in the kitchen preparing dinner?" My mother asked me. "Huh? Um, yes. Actually, I could." "You help the kids with their new toys Aaron." Mom told my dad as we walked into the kitchen. "Now, tell me Adeline, what is it that's got you all down in the gutter on Christmas, Love." "It's, it's him, Mom." "Ah, I figured." "It's just. It;s not the same, it's really not. And I know we only had one together, but it was special, and it meant the world to me, it meant the world to them." I nodded towards the living room where my kids were. "And now. Now it's seems like forever ago, it's just so far away, but yet it's so close to my heart. Mom I don't know what to do. People are noticing something's up with me. They're noticing something's wrong, that I'm not myself lately. I mean, I haven't been in a long time, but they're all just now starting to notice it. And that's not what I want." "People? People like who honey?" "Melissa, of course that's not really out of the ordinary, she's my best friend, Anita, the neighbor lady, we talk sometimes, coworkers, my boss occasionally, heck Mom, even my kids are noticing it!" "Like how honey?"

"Thanksgiving Eve, I had just picked them up from school and we had just drank hot chocolate, had a snack, we were watching Christmas Specials on TV and everything was fine. Then, that one show came on, you know, 'The Year Without A Santa Clause'?" "Yeah, used to be your favorite." "Exactly, well, the whole time, I was zoned out. And when that little girl started singing 'I'll have a blue Christmas without you' I started thinking of, You Know Who, and Jacoby noticed my absence around them." "Ah, I see, Honey." "Oh Adeline. My dear, dear Adeline. What am I going to do with you eh?" "Mom...Seriously. Help me." "Oh I'm trying honey, I'm trying." "I miss him. "I know." "And I lost him Mom, for good. It's all my fault. I was selfish, again! Now he's moved on with someone else." "Now, now. How do you know that darling?" "Because I saw it in a the Rolling Stone Magazine. He's getting ready to return home, and he's going home to a woman's open arms." Her eyes went wide with shock. "Oh Adeline. I-I'm so sorry sweetheart. I didn't know." She pulled me into a hug and I tried to fight back the tears that were threatening to fall. Just then, my dad walked through the door. "Uh, everything okay in here?" My mom looked up and gave him a look as if to say, "Please help me comfort her in a time of need." He rushed over and threw his arms around me as well and I let my tears flow freely now as I sat between the comfort of my two parents.

Billie Joe's POV

"Dude Tre, I swear, if you do it one more time, I'm gonna punch you." "Sorry! Sorry, I was aiming for Mike. Sorry man." I sighed and sat back in my seat of the plane again. We were on our way back home again, and trust me, I was thrilled to death, but I was also extremely tired, just wanted to sleep, and being annoyed by the most annoying person on the planet. Eh, what can I say. We can win 'em all. Tre was sitting in the seat directly behind me with his fiance beside him who was sleeping soundly. Lucky her. Mike was sitting next to me with his wife next to him. Tre was continuously shooting peanuts at the back of Mike's head. He was also continuously missing and hitting me. I was getting really fed up, really fast. The flight attendant came by and asked us if we needed anything else. "Yes, can I get another glass of champagne please?" "Sure thing. I'll right with you." "Thanks." I sat back in my seat and sighed once again. I didn't know what to expect once I returned home. It'd been so very long. All I knew was that there was a gorgeous woman waiting there for me. And then it hit me, would she still be waiting when I got back?

Flashback

"You-you're leaving?" She asked. "Yes babe. I know, I know. I don't want to. Especially not now. But I have to, it's my job." "But, for-for two years or more?" It was Christmas night. I figured it was the time to tell her being as I didn't really have a choice. We were leaving the next day. "Yeah." I said, looking away from her. "When are you leaving?" I hesitated. "When Billie Joe?" "Tomorrow." "A-are you kidding me?" She choked out. "How long have you known about this Billie?" I hesitated once again. "Answer me!" "I-I've known about it for about three weeks or so. But I could never find the right time to tell you! I was scared I guess! I was scared of what you'd say, or do!" "Billie! How could you do this?! How could you wait until last minute then tell me you're leaving and you won't be back for two or three years?! How could you do this to me?!" "Sweetheart look I'm-" "No, no Billie Joe! No! Don't touch me! Don't apologize! Get away from! Get out! Go! Leave me alone! Go! Go on your stupid tour! Go and don't come back! Just go!" She screamed. And I did.

End Flashback

My eyes went wide with shock and realization. Would she still be waiting there when I got back? Had I tricked myself into believing something that wasn't going to happen all along? Had I been faithful to somebody who'd given me up years ago? What, good Lord, what did I get myself into? My mind was spinning and whirling with a thousand and one questions and thoughts. I was scared now. What if I got there and there was another car in the drive. What if I got there and there was somebody else playing with my kids. What if there was someone else running my life? I thought these questions to myself again and again as the flight attendant came back around with my drink. "Here you go Mr. Armstrong." She smiled sweetly. "Thanks, it's much needed." I downed it and continued to try and calm my rambling mind. What was I going to do when I pulled down that long drive? How was I going to deal with this? Maybe I should give Mike and Tre a heads up and let 'em know what's going on. Well, Tre just hit Mike in the head with another peanut, that gave him a heads up. I giggled to myself at the thought but quickly shook it off. I had important matters to deal with, and I had two immature idiots that I had to convince to grow up and act there ages real fast. "Flight 419 landing in approximately three minutes. All passengers, please fasten your seat belts."
♠ ♠ ♠
Getting good? Still wondering? Got any clues yet as to what's going on?

Hope so!

I'll be back soon loves!

Comments motivate me to write more, more interesting things, and a lot sooner. Remember that!