So Everybody Loves You

Slaughter

Adie's POV
About 20 Minutes Before

I pulled out my cell phone and dialed Billie Joe's number while trying to stay focused on the road. I didn't know if it was safe to go home or not, due to the fact that if he's been following Adeline, he most likely knows where I live. I was worried sick about Adeline, as well as her kids. They kept asking non stop questions. "Where's mom? Is she gonna be okay? Is she gonna be there when we get there? Where are we going anyway?" The questions just kept coming, and the best answer I had for them, was "I don't know." "Hello?" "Billie?" "Yes." "Hi. This is Adie." "Oh, hi Adie, what do you need? It's like almost one in the morning?" "It's about Adeline." When he spoke again I could hear the panick and worry in his voice. "What about her?" "After you guys left, the girls decided they wanted to go out for a little while. So she called me to see if I'd come keep her company so I brung Joey over for a little while, and then around midnight or so, there was somebody at the door, she looked through the peek whole to see who it was. It was a cop. James. Your neighbor. Well, she let him in. He started asking questions about you of all people and murders in the area and then I noticed blood on the side of his shirt and a knife wedged in his belt and pointed it out. So me and Adeline took off upstairs and separated into different rooms. I went to where Jacoby and Joey were, she went to where Melanie and Maria were. Then she called my cell and told me the plan. To get the kids and ourselves out the windows and down the trees. We'd meet at her car. When the boys and I got there, Mel and Maria were there, Adeline wasn't. Maria said Adeline said she was running late but she'd be okay and to just go on without her. I'm scared Billie Joe. I couldn't risk the kids' lives. I'm on my way to a motel room right now to keep them safe. You gotta get your butt back to that house and see what's going on." I explained in a rushed voice. "Oh my-Wh-I can't believe this. I'll be there. Don't worry about it." With that I heard the dial tone and I closed my phone. I prayed to God I had nothing to worry about.

Adeline's POV
About 20 Minutes After

"Say goodnight Adeline." He snarled in a harsh tone as I felt the edge of the sharp, cold blade come in contact with my skin. At that very moment, the moment I thought for sure my life was over, the door busted open and before I knew what was going on, James was being ripped away from me. Punches were being thrown. Curses were being yelled. A lot was going on. My head was reeling. This was a lot to take in. I was encircled into a pair of arms which held onto me protectively. I looked up into Billie Joe's green eyes and saw the look of shock and worry and terror. I wrapped my arms around him tight, and rested my head against his chest. Again, this was a lot to take in. I mean, a few minutes ago, I was preparing my death. Now I'm standing here in the love of my life's arms and he's murmuring sweet things like, "I told you I'd never let anything happen to you and I meant it Adeline." The next thing I know, the police are there, and so is Rosa and Brittney. I take it they had been contacted by Mike and Tre. Adie had just bursted through the door with all the kids. "Adeline! Oh my goodness, you're okay!" She ran over to me and wrapped me in a big hug. "Thank you Adie." I whispered to her. "My kids would never be alive if it weren't for you." I smiled and she returned it. "It's no problem honey. But you had me worried sick! I called Billie Joe and-" "Wait. You called Billie Joe? I wondered how he got here in such perfect timing." I smiled at him, he just gave a little smirk that said, "Hey you know I'm just that good." I rolled my eyes at him and thanked Adie again hugging my babies close to me. "We were scared Mommy. We didn't know where you were." Melanie said. "I know honey. But Mommy's fine thanks to Daddy and Adie." I smiled up at both of them. "Well guys, I better be heading home." Adie said, taking Joey's hand. It was 3:30 AM and he was very tired. "Okay, we'll see ya later Adie." "Bye!" She called going out the door. "I think I'm gonna go upstairs and take a long hot bath after I put the kids back to bed." I said. Billie walked over to me pulling me close to him. "I love you baby." "I love you too sweetheart." I kissed him and turned back to the kids. "Beddy by time."

Later that night, after I'd gotten out of the tub and everything, I was making my way down the stairs, when I heard a little arguing going on. I paused to listen in, making sure I wasn't interrupting anything. "You two have no excuse! You should have never left her here alone with those babies! What would you have done if she wouldn't have called Adie huh? Or if he would've showed up just a little sooner before Adie got there and she couldn't have made it to both rooms? What would've happened then?" I heard Billie's angered voice. "Look Billie Joe. Just because your girlfriend has problems, it shouldn't mean we have to stay in and babysit her." Rosa remarked. Oh really? Baby sit me huh? "I'm not asking you to babysit her! I'm asking toy to help her out! What would you have done if she would've been killed tonight huh? I bet you'd have felt real bad then now wouldn't ya! Or maybe you wouldn't! Maybe you really wouldn't care! Maybe you just don't care about anybody but yourselves!" He yelled. I peeked around the banister. At this, Rosa curled up on Tre's chest crying. "Billie knock it off!" Tre yelled. Ooo, first time I've ever heard Tre get really mad. "Excuse me?" "You heard me." "Lay off of my wife!" "Lay off of your wife? Adeline almost got killed tonight because your wife is so irresponsible! And you want me to lay off your wife?" "Yes! Can't you see she's been through a lot too? She's lost her dad and everything else but I guess that doesn't matter." "Tre! Listen to you! She lost her dad! Yes! I understand that! At two years old! I know what it's like to lose a dad! For Christ's sake! I lost mine! But that was years and years ago too! And tonight, the present ya know? TONIGHT, the love of my life almost got killed, slaughtered, and are you two worried about anybody but yourselves? NO! Who are you two worried about? Nobody but yourselves! Your stupid, selfish pigs! Get out! Get out! Just get out of here! Now!" He screamed at them. I was shocked. They had looks on their faces of shock and bewilderment. And this was all because of me. Wow. I saw Tre get up and pull Rosa up with him. It was time to show myself. I walked downstairs nervously. I immediately went to Billie's side and wrapped my arm around his waist. Tre was pulling Rosa towards the door but she stopped him for a minute so she could get her purse. "I hope you're happy Billie. We'll get out." Tre said. And then Rosa walked over in front of me and Billie. As soon as I saw her raise her hand in front of Billie's face, I knew what her attemptions were. I quickly wrapped my other arm around Billie and swung him around so he was in front of me and we were standing face to face. He looked a little confused at first, but smirked as her hand hit the air. "Don't mess with my man, hoe. It won't come to likely with you." I said to her. And Billie soon knew what was going on. She had tried to hit him. Didn't work though. "I hope you're happy miss Adeline. I'll have you know you've just torn apart a good friendship between these two." "Excuse me?" Billie cut in. "She tore apart nothing. He tore it apart when he decided to stick up for the woman that didn't care if mine was slaughtered tonight. Get out of my sight and out of my house." He spat. She turned on her heel to leave dragging Tre along behind her. Mike and Brittney had been silent this entire time. I was scared that Brittney had it coming next. And that scared me because we had always gotten along great.

"Brittney-" Billie started. "Look, Billie Joe." She interrupted and he looked shocked that someone had actually interrupted him. "I know what we did was wrong. We shouldn't have left Adeline here alone. I guess I just wasn't thinking clearly and I let Rosa talk me into something that I normally wouldn't do. You know me Billie Joe. I've been with Mike for years and you've known me forever now. You know I'm more responsible than this." "Yes, and that's what surprises me the most." "I'm sorry Billie Joe. I'm not gonna try to cover my butt and get out of this with you cause I know I should have been here tonight. Look, if you want me to leave, I'll go. But I want to leave now before it causes a fight between you and Mike. I don't wanna be the source of another ruined friendship. It's just not happening." He sighed and looked up at her. "No Brittney, you don't have to leave. I like the fact that you're up forward and straight. You get right to the point. Kinda like me. I've always liked you for that. You don't have to leave. But you do have to apologize to Adeline for just leaving her here. And you do have to know why you're apologizing. Now that may sound like I'm talking to Maria and Jacoby here, but it's reasonable enough for me." She smiled and nodded her head. "Me too." She walked over to me and gave me a big hug. "I'm sorry for not being here for you Adeline. I know I should have been and I shouldn't have let Rosa talk me into doing something I know I shouldn't have. I guess a night out just sounded nice. I just picked the wrong night to have fun." I smiled at her. "Don't worry about it hun. I'm okay now, and I did have Adie's help." "Yeah, thank God for Adie right?" "What would we do without her?" I laughed. "Well," Billie Joe said, pulling me from Brittney's grip and into his own embrace. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired as heck. So we're gonna hit the hey." He finished. I yawned. "I agree." We turned and said ours good nights heading upstairs.

"I don't believe you." Billie Joe said once we were laying down. "What?" "You just got out of a traumatized situation and you didn't cry once? It's okay to cry Adeline." "I know that Billie." "Then why are you holding it in. I know you're scared. I know you've got a million thoughts racing through your mind." "I don't know Billie. I guess I just feel like I should be strong." "For who baby? Who are you still trying to be strong for? The kids are fine. They know. They understand. And me? Uh-Adeline. I'm trying to be strong for you." "I don't know Billie Joe, I guess I feel like being strong means never losing self control." "Well I'm here to tell you Adeline that losing self control is okay every once in awhile. And it is okay to cry." He pulled me closer to him at that moment and I felt my myself crying into his chest as he ran his fingers through my hair. "I feel like I'm the reason Tre and Rosa left. I'm the reason, you're friendship ended. I caused it all." "No Adeline. That's not true baby." "But that's what it feels like." "But that's not the truth." "But-" "Shh Honey, shh. Just don't worry about it. Shh. It's okay." I continued to sob into Billie's chest until morning sun light peeked through the curtains and I found myself weaker and more exhausted. And before I knew it, I'd cried myself to sleep in Billie Joe's arms, and he stayed awake the entire time until he was 100% sure I was asleep first. I loved Billie Joe dearly. And nothing would ever change that.

A Few Months Later
NOTE TO READERS:

This is just a little update because I know I fast forward the time so much. Adeline is now 29, Billie is 30, Jacoby is 9, Maria 7, and Melanie is 5. I know that's a little weird because Melanie and Maria were in the same class together, but hey. It's a story. Work with me here. And now Billie Joe and the boys are back and the studios because Tre eventually came around apologizing for the way he behaved. But he did find him and Rosa their own place because of her own behavior. Since they've been in the studios so much, Billie's been leaving early, coming home late, sometimes he comes home drunk now. Adeline's worried sick about him. She never expected this. Everything was going great in the beginning and now that the studio work has come back into play, things are going down hill. What's going to happen? Find out next. Keep reading!

On with the story...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adeline's POV
3:12 AM

I was laying in bed sleeping soundly. Alone, of course. Billie Joe was working over time in the studios again. It's not like it wasn't to be expected though. Anyway, I was sleeping very soundly off away in dream land when I was pulled abruptly fro my sleep my the sound of my ring tone. I groaned and rolled over in the bed. Fumbling around on the nightstand looking for my phone. Once I'd found it, I flipped it open, and placed it to my ear. "Hello?" "Heellllooooo huuunnnneeeeeyyyyy!" I heard from the other end. Great. Just great. A drunken Billie Joe. Just what I needed at, I glanced at the clock, 3:13 AM. "Hi Billie Joe. Where are you?" "Um-I. Uh, I'm at the b-bar." He slurred over his words and sounded confused. "Okay, well. it's kinda late, don't you think you can come home now hun?" "Thasa problem." "What?" "Uh, Adeline, can you come an pick me up?" He hiccuped then. I sighed and placed my hand to my forehead. Suddenly, Tre's words came back to me like a slap across the face or right upside the head. Everything he said that day we were at the mall after them just coming back from tour. And it all made since. "Aaaadddeeeellllliiiinnnnnneeee! You shtill there?" "Huh? Oh yeah. Yes, I'll come pick you up sweetheart. Are you at the same bar?" "Mhmmm." "Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes." I hung up the phone got dressed, called Adie, explained to her what happened and called her over to watch the kids, and then I was on my marry way. When I got to the bar, I saw him sitting there mumbling random things to the bartender who was a young kid if ya ask me. He was standing there just grinning and shaking his head at Billie Joe. I walked over to him. "Hey baby." "Adeline! Itsh you!" "Yeah it's me! Now come on, let's go honey. It's late and I wanna go back to bed. And you need to go to bed." "Okay. But-" "No buts, lets go babe. And do me a favor kid." I said to the bartender. "Sure." He laughed. "Don't let him get drunk anymore if he comes in here when you're on the clock. Kay?" "Will do Mrs. A." I gave him a strange look. "It's Miss. A. Yes, my last name starts with A, no, Billie and I aren't married." "Yet." Billie interrupted. I rolled my eyes smirking at the bartender. He shrugged. "Hey, ya never know. Truth comes out when you're drunk." "Or so they say." I finished for him.

I'd gotten Billie Joe home that night, but trust me, it wasn't easy. He was stumbling over his own feet and half asleep and everything else. It wasn't funny. And it wasn't my idea of a pleasant way to end the day. But I loved him. And I'd do it for him. Nobody else. If I didn't, I wouldn't have put up with it for this long. But if he didn't come out of this little state of stress soon, I was gonna lose my mind! Something had to break.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo? What do ya think? Did ya like it? Getting good?

I hope so!

I myself think it's quite interesting. But then again, it is my story, and that's just my opinion. lol...So comment me! lol...I love to hear from you!