So Everybody Loves You

So You've Grown Attached

"So," Billie Joe started, walking towards me. "I didn't even catch your name." "Adeline. Adeline Adriana Avery." "Wow, that a beautiful name. I really mean it. I co-own record company named Adeline." "I know." I smiled. "I always thought that was kinda cool." He smiled. "Yeah. So how long you been listening to Green Day?" "Since the first CD came out." "Really?" "Yeah." "Wow." "I've never actually met a fan that's been a fan since day one. I mean, I've met fans that love all of my CDs since the first, but never met one that was a true fan and stayed true from the first CD to the latest. Wow. It means a lot, it really does." "Yup. And now I've got my babies hooked on you. Jacoby's telling his friend's at school that I'm taking him to his first concert when he gets a little older and it's gonna be a 'Green Bay' concert. We both laughed at this. "I love little kids." He said. "Me too." I smiled looking over at my kids that were laughing at Tre who was now making funny faces and rude gestures at the table, with Mike helping him out all along.

Billie Joe's POV

Her smile. There was something about this woman's smile, it was breathtaking. I wasn't one to fall for women like this. But I'm pretty sure I was falling, hard and fast. "So, I hear you guys are stuck in town." Yes, and I'm actually quite glad now. "Um, yeah. Yes, we are. It's a long story. Rob can't do anything. He's tied down in Oakland right now. So we're stuck here." And I'm glad. "I see. Well, it's not that bad around here, you'll see." Especially not with you here. "I'm sure it's not." I smiled at her. I suddenly just wanted to hold her, wrap her in my arms. Get a hold of yourself Armstrong, what's wrong with you? You just met her. Knock it off. Cut it out. "Mommy! Can I have some milk please?" "Yeah I'm coming baby." She turned and walked away as I let out a breath of relief. If she stood there any longer, I'd have probably grabbed her and held her to me.

End Billie Joe's POV

10:00 PM That Night

"Well, I guess we'll be heading out. We gotta walk back to the bus yet and hail a cab, then make it to a room." Billie said. "Tre! Wake up you moron! We gotta go!" "Hey hey Billie! Sh! Billie. Listen. Why don't you guys stay here tonight, and then I can give you guys a ride to a hotel in the morning." "Really?" "Yeah." "Are you sure? I mean-" "Billie, it's fine. Really. It's late. You're tired. Mike's tired. Tre's obviously tired. Stay over night. It'll be fine." He contemplated it minute, then grinned and said, "Okay." "Okay then. This is big house, so there's plenty of room."

After waking Tre up and showing each of the boys to their rooms, I walked quietly back to my room, and went to bed. I snuggled my baby girl's tiny body close to mine and cradled her away from any monsters that might be haunting her dreams. I wish so badly she'd over come this fear. It could cause serious problems in the future. Hey, lighten up Adeline. She's a little girl. Little children have fears. It's not going to mess with her brain. I mentally scolded myself. She shifted in my arms as I pulled her closer to me. I hope what I was telling myself was convincing enough for me to actually believe it.

The Next Afternoon

I pulled up in front of the big hotel. We all stepped out and gave each other good bye hugs. Maria was clinging to the blue haired punk and Jacoby seemed pretty good and attached to Mike and Tre. Billie walked over to me and gave me a hug with one arm, thank me again for the phone call and the stay, while he held on to my baby with the other. "Why do you have to go?" She asked. Because honey, to live in on your mommy would be very wrong. And we have concerts here to play and things. But I'll tell you what. Maybe, if it's okay with mommy that is, I'll come back and see you sometime soon. How's that sound?" Her face lit up and she nodded her head and hugged him again. In one night, one night, my baby had grown very attached to Mr. Armstrong.

We'd gotten each other's contact info before we'd left and had agreed that Green Day would come back in five weeks and surprise Maria on her Birthday.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well...This just keeps getting better all the time!

Billie, Billie, Billie. Falling for miss Adeline already. Well, guess ya can't blame him, She likes him too ya know.

Anyway, Maria's birthday's gonna be exciting for her! Ya think?!

Back soon!

Much love!