So Everybody Loves You

Maria's Big Birthday Bash

Billie and I had kept in contact a lot and had even visited each other with out Maria knowing, for her surprise had yet to come. Me and the guys had become really close friends. We were already unbelievably inseparable. I couldn't imagine a joke that wasn't told by Tre now. I couldn't imagine hearing someone sing a song to me that wasn't sung by Billie Joe. And I could imagine having a problem and needing anyone to go to other than Mike.

Well, the big day had finally come! Three days of anticipating Maria's birthday had me on edge. Everyone from Maria's preschool class was coming. A lot of Jacoby's friends were coming. My best friend, Melissa, her husband and daughter were coming, and of course, Green Day, was coming.

Now, this day had to be absolutely perfect for my baby girl. Everything had to be just right. And the best part? She still didn't know that Green Day was gonna be there. The door bell kept ringing and tons of children kept flooding into my house. Keeping them entertained wasn't hard. There were plenty of games like twister, dance n grove, twister moves, deal or no deal, monopoly, break, x and o toss, and tons more. They were pretty distracted. But there was one thing I noticed. I little girl, age about four, seemed to be really competitive with my daughter. Long blond hair, and the bluest eyes I've ever seen. A smile that looked like it was fit for the devil himself. Now maybe that was wrong to say, her being only a little girl, but it was so true. I'd have to keep my eye on her.

After everyone, including Green Day, without Maria knowing, had arrived, I had announced that it was time for Maria to open her presents. "Yay!" Everyone cheered. She got a lot of really nice stuff from everyone. From me, she got a lot of new out fits, shoes, toys, things I knew she wanted, a really big Green Day poster that made her everyone else's eyes bug out, and just lots of things. She also received a tricycle from Melissa with a couple new out fits. A really big, life size,. stuffed teady bear from her husband, and a couple of Barbie dolls from her daughter. The other kids there had bought her some nice things too. I noticed that the little blond girl was looking quite jealous by this point.

"Okay!" I said, rising to my feet. "I've got an even bigger surprise for you Maria!" "Cake?" The children basically asked together. "Nope. Follow me." I said, scooping my two children into my arms and letting the rest follow on foot. As soon as we reached the back yard, Maria's eyes lit up like the fourth of July! She saw Billie Joe, Mike, and Tre, all on a stage set up in our back yard with a huge sign that said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIA GREEN DAY LOVES YOU!" Billie Joe spoke through the microphone and told Maria to come up to the stage. She slowly walked up there and stood in front of the blue haired punk. He had her sit in a chair that looked much like a thrown and knelled down in front of her. He gently sang the sweetest version of Happy Birthday to my daughter that I'd ever heard.

The entire crowd cheered as Billie Joe stood up and picked Maria up with him, spinning her around. He set her down on her own two feet again and then took the mic and said, this next song I wrote a few years ago. When I ran into Adeline and her family, I knew it was some kind of destiny, this one's for you Maria. He winked at Maria, who was now standing at my side again. She smiled the biggest smile I'd ever seen and she had the brightest twinkle in her eyes. It was such a precious moment, I thought I might cry. Music suddenly blast through the speakers and I heard Billie's voice singing the chorus of the song, "Maria, Maria, Maria! Where did you go?"

"Okay." Billie Joe said, after finishing up that song. The next song, Adeline is going to help me sing. My eyes went wide. I was going to what?! Since when?! And why?! "Come on up Adeline!" "Oh no, I don't think so." I said shaking my head and holding my hands up in protest. "I don't think so Billie Joe." "Yes Adeline. This one's special for both of your children, now get up here. Come on now, don't be shy." I stood there, no doubt ten shades of red, not budging. Before I knew it, I was swept off my feet and carried to the stage, placed in front of the mic. I squeaked. Yes, squeaked. Weird right? I was nervous. Blame Billie. "This next song is called Pop Rocks and Coke." I, again, stared at him wide eyed. I could not believe he was making me do this.

Billie: Wherever you go
You know I’ll be there
Adeline: If you go far,
You know I’ll be there
Billie: I’ll go anywhere,
Adeline: So I’ll see you there
Billie: You place the name
You know I’ll be there
Adeline:[/b ]You name the time
You know I’ll be there
Billie: I’ll go anywhere
Adeline: So I’ll see you there

Both: I don’t care if you don’t mind
I’ll be there not far behind
I will dare
Keep in mind
I’ll be there for you

Billie: Where there’s truth
You know I’ll be there
Adeline: Amongst the lies
You know I’ll be there
Billie: I’ll go anywhere
Adeline: So I’ll see you there

Both: I don’t care if you don’t mind
I’ll be there not far behind
I will dare
Keep in mind
I’ll be there for you

Billie: If you should fall
You know I’ll be there
Adeline: To catch the call
You know I’ll be there
Billie: I’ll go anywhere
Adeline: So I’ll see you there

Both: I don’t care if you don’t mind
I’ll be there not far behind
I will dare
Keep in mind
Billie: I don’t care
Adeline: I’ll be there for you
Both: I’ll be there for you

Maria and Jacoby both seemed absolutely thrilled! I was actually glad Billie had made me get up there and do that. It ended up sounding really good. A lot better than I thought it would. "You were truly amazing Adeline." Billie beamed. "Thank you Billie Joe, so were you." He grinned even wider. If that was even possible. We made our way down to everyone else. We went over to where the ginormous cake was. I cut it into a thousand and some squares and started randomly handing them out.

After all was said and done that day, Maria had the best birthday party in the entire three years of her life. It was truly amazing. Just like Billie. I was sitting out on my front porch watching the midnight sky thinking on the previous events of the day when I heard someone come out and sit next to me. "Hello." An all too familiar voice spoke. "Hi." I said, smiling over at him. "It's a beautiful night ain't it?" He asked. Not nearly as beautiful as your eyes. "Yes. It is." I said, looking over into his big sparkling emerald green eyes.

Billie Joe's POV

"It's a beautiful night ain't it?" I asked her. "Yes. It is." She said, turning and looking over at me. Good Lord, was she beautiful or what? I couldn't help but feel this way about her now. I just couldn't. "Adeline?" "Yeah?" "I think-I-I think I'm falling-" "Hey what's up guys, nice night to sit out isn't it?" I released a huge sigh as Mike and Tre walked out and sat next to us. "Yes, yes it is." I agreed. "Um, yeah." Adeline said. I knew she wanted to know what I was going to say. I also knew she could tell I wanted to tell her alone. So much for telling her tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooo, wow! Wow, wow, wow! This is getting really interesting! Didn't you love Maria's party?! Amazing right?! I know!

Anyway, poor Billie. He just wants to tell her how he feels. Will he ever get the chance?

Guess we'll see.