Around the world and back is nothing without you

The party scene

“Jake. I-I-I,” She stammered, her voice barely audible, “I can’t do this,” she whispered. Tears rolled down her face as she pushed him off lightly and jumped off the bed, running out of the room.

A thousand feeling ran through her body as she ran out of the room and locked herself in the nearest room. Love, fear, worry, angst. Her mind working in overdrive, she let her back slide down the wood of the door, to the floor. She sat there, where she cried her silent tears, wishing she could turn back time and change the mistake she’d made.

A single tear rolled down his cheek as he rose from the bed and walked out of her bedroom, into his own. Not long later, he heard a mumbled ‘goodbye’ and a door slam shut. He sighed heavily to himself and walked to his locked bedroom door.

#

His hand on the lock, he leant his forehead against the cold, dark wood of the door. “Why me? Why is it always me?” He mumbled to himself. He let the fresh tears roll slowly down his already damp cheeks.

Not a minute later, he pushed himself from the door, turning his body to face his entire bedroom. He screamed in anger and pulled at his hair. His arms, hands now free of hair, reached for the nearest object, throwing it violently across the room.

As he trashed his room, she stood with her forehead resting against the front door of their apartment, listening to him. Yet more tears rolled down her cheeks and she clasped her purse tighter in her hand. She wiped her eyes with the back of her hands and grabbed the keys from her purse. She took a sharp intake of breath and unlocked the door.

“I’m back,” she shouted out, into the empty living room. The crashing immediately stopped, as she heard a loud ‘thud’ and a gruff voice mumbling incoherent words loudly. She dropped her purse and shook off her coat, and run to her best friend’s bedroom door. She knocked loudly, worry over-taking her body.

“Jake! Jake! Jake, can you hear me?” She shouted, her fists still pounding on the door. ‘Please say you’re okay.’ she thought to herself. Her worries were brought to an end as the door opened and she fell right into his arms.

“Jesus! Are you okay, Kim?” He asked, concern glazing over his face. She nodded, her cheeks reddening. He sighed in relief, and hugged her to his chest. She hugged him tightly in response, never wanting to let go.

#

“Kim, why did you run out earlier?” Jake asked his best friend, warily. He watched her bangs drop over her face, as she lowered her head to look at her lap. She shrugged and mumbled something along the lines of ‘I don’t know, it was awkward’. He turned to her and lifted her face with his right hand, his left hand grabbing her right.

“Kimz, I-I-I... I love you”, He said, his voice getting to a mere whisper for the last three words. She gazed up into his eyes.

She saw the same look she saw before, yet she still couldn’t place what it was. She inwardly groaned at how stupid she felt. Then it hit her, he said ‘I love you’!!. She gripped his hand tighter and whispered it back. His gaze dropped from her eyes and tears brimmed his perfect, chestnut brown eyes.

#

“Kim, what are we doing? Is what we’re saying true? Are we even true? I don’t even know anymore, I’m so lost. Kimz, you’re my best friend. So why do I feel this way?! The truth is I can’t stop thinking about you; you’re always on my mind; you plague all my thoughts. I think, no wait... I know it. I’m in love with you.” Jake whispered, his gaze on their feet. A tear dropped from his cheek, landing on her bright yellow converse.

She used her free hand to life his chin up. “Jake... Jake, look me in the eyes - - Jake, please!” She whimpered. He averted his gaze back to her, their eyes meeting.

“Jake, I-I-I... I love you. I love you more than words or emotions could ever express. If you’re lost, let me help you find yourself! Let me help you, let me be part of you. Please, just let me help,” She said, staring into his eyes. Determination pumping through her veins.

He looked deep into her bright blue eyes, and he knew she wasn’t lying. He moved his arms and embraced her in a loving hug.

“Help me find myself, Kim. Please, help me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i actually really ahte this story :\
does anyone like it?
feedback?

</3