Trying to Escape the Inevitable

Chapter 9

The door to my room opened and a smile spread across my face. I glanced across the room to where Frank lay pretending to sleep on Gerard’s bed. To Gerard, sleeping on his bed was like chopping his nuts off.

Gerard walked into the room and sat on the floor in front of my bed. He gave a deep sigh and glanced at me. “What’s up?”

I shrugged trying not to laugh. “Not much. You haven’t been around much lately.”

He sighed again. “I know. I’ve been hanging out with Bert more often. His friends are pretty cool but he’s starting to get on my nerves.”

I glanced over at Frankie who I could tell was listening carefully. “What’s he doing?”

Gerard shrugged. “Just the usual small shit that gets under my skin. Messing with my stuff, boasting about how amazing he is, and just being an all around ass hole to Jeph.”
I grinned. Jeph was pretty much the coolest guy ever. He and Frankie got along really well. I never knew Jeph was friends with Bert. “Then why don’t you stop hanging out with him?”

Gerard sighed. “Because I feel bad. I tried to last week, but then he started crying and begging me to give him another chance. He acts like I’m breaking up with him or something.”

Then it hit me. Bert was in love with Gerard. The fact that Gee hadn’t realized it was amazing to me. If anyone could read a person’s exact feelings, it was him.

Gerard glanced around the room, a look of confusion on his face. “Where’s Frankie?”

I grinned. This was going to be hilarious. “Look around. You’ll find him eventually.”

Gerard turned and saw Frankie lying on his stomach staring at him with the usual gleam in his eyes.

Gee clenched his fists, his eyes flashing with momentary anger. “Get. Off. My. Bed. Now.”

Frankie smirked. This was exactly what we had planned. An afternoon of Gerard chasing Frankie around our house would be perfect for the two of them. “Why don’t you make me?”

Gerard growled, pretending to be angry. He ran at Frankie who easily got up and ran over to my side of the attic. I smiled as Gerard carefully remade his bed in that obsessive way of his. He glanced up angrily. “Don’t touch my bed. You know how much that pisses me off Mikey.”

I shrugged, playing innocent, “It was all Frankie’s idea. He just missed hanging out with you.”

Gerard smiled sympathetically, “I’ll be around more often I promise. And we still have band practice.”

Frankie shrugged, “That’s true but I still miss just hanging around with you.”

“Ok. How about we go to the movies and then wreak havoc at the mall. Just you and me ok?”
Frankie’s eyes widened and that spark shown in his eyes again, “Yeah sure. I’d like that.”

Gerard nodded. “Then it’s settled. Tonight is boys night out. Minus Mikey.”

I shrugged, “Whatever man. I have tons of work to do anyway. Have fun you two.”

Frankie grinned happily, “Oh trust me we will.”

“Oh and Gee, behave. Frankie’s still an impressionable little boy.”

Gerard smirked, “I make no promises.”

As they walked out the door I smiled. This may just work. Now, how to deal with the small problem of Bert?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long. I've been having major writers block. Enjoy!

Comments = Love