Status: Soon to be edited, this didn't have a very well though out plot after all...

But It's All Just Fiction

Breaking

Michael and I arrived seconds after Matt and Mariah and I didn't wait for Michael to fully stop before I impatiently got out. I rushed over to a still crying Mariah as Matt walked into his house, grabbing her and went in after Matt, Michael slowly following us.

The first thing I noticed was how empty the house was of preteen and little girls; the house was so quiet it had to be empty. The next I noticed was how Matt almost immediately rounded on me as everyone entered the house and Michael closed the door. It was obvious he was refraining from yelling at me, which pissed me off more than being stuck with the guy who got my best friend pregnant in the back of a car.

And it was obvious he wasn't going to start shit first.

"What the fuck's your problem?!" I asked him angrily as Mariah collapsed on the couch nearest the door, continuing to sob.

"What the fuck is your problem? You just walked up and started fucking yelling at us-"

"No I didn't I wanted to talk to you alone! I fucking asked you to and you were a dick-"

"And that means that you can act immature like that and start fucking yelling in the middle of a public place?!"

"You were acting immature first, asshole! You and your fucking Goddamn friends are just little bastards and-"

"Leave them fucking out of this!"

"Guys..."

"They caused this, or are you too wrapped up in your ego to fucking see that?!"

"Me ego? Your ego's fuckin' twice the size of mine- you're a fucking egotistical little bitch and you prove that every fucking day!"

"Guys..."

"But I'm not a fucking asshole like you or your fucking friends!"

"Guys!" I heard yelled from the opposite end of Matt's living room and we both rounded on the voice, simultaneously yelling, "What?!"

"Can you just..." Michael asked, sitting on the opposite end of the couch Mariah was on, a quick scan of the room revealed that she had gone back outside to sit on Matt's porch to cry by herself. "I just..." Michael continued struggling with words before finally looking at Matt and myself. "Can I have a bit to myself, please?" he asked weakly and I saw he was very close to breaking like Mariah. I swallowed hard, looking at Matt before looking back at Michael. "Please?"

Matt hadn't moved but I understood that Matt and I both were being selfish so I turned quickly and took the stairs to the second floor as fast as I could, walking into Matt's room, shoving clothes off a section of his bed and sitting down, glaring at the dirty carpet a few feet in front of me. Matt came into the room after me, closing his door and copying what I had done, shoved clothes off his bed and sat down.

"I'm sorry," he said unexpectedly. I didn't reply but quickly glanced at his shoes before looking back at the carpet in front of me. "That was a real dick thing of me to do..." He continued and I badly wanted to ask him which thing he was referring to out of the many but I kept my mouth shut, literally. "It was selfish too..."

"It was selfish of us to fight like that," I told him bitterly.

"I know, and I am sorry."

"...I am too. This is about them, not us," I said, feeling one of his hands rest low on my back. I glanced over at him to be met with half of a forced smile on Matt's face. "Did you mean that though?"

"Mean what?" he asked me.

"What you told me a few minutes ago," I said, sitting up straighter, feeling Matt's hand leave my back.

Matt was silent, not looking at me as he chewed on his lip. "...Yeah," he finally replied to me.

"Good," I told him.

"Good? How?" he asked.

"'Cause I meant what I said too," I told him truthfully. Matt nodded in response and we were silent, for much longer this time.

I had time to actually think about the situation and, thinking back, Michael had told Matt something when he took me to get Mariah and I wanted to know what that was, so I asked him.

"Remember you told me Mariah didn't remember anything?" Matt asked as a response and I nodded my head. "Moose did. He um... told me they fucked and he was kinda freaking out about it," Matt said and laughed bitterly, "I told him not to worry about it after he brought up Naomi and Jay. I told him not to fuckin' worry about it, and then this happens."

I moved closer to Matt on his bed, resting my head on his right shoulder, somehow thinking it would make him hate himself less.

"Why do you call him Moose?" I asked, only to change the subject.

Matt actually smiled and turned his head to look at me, "It was supposed to tease him because the guys heard his dad call him that one day. But... I dunno. He loves the name and it suits him, oddly enough. He'd probably like it better if you started calling him that too," he informed me and I only raised my eyebrow.

"What? You've never had a nickname before?" He asked me.

"Not a totally irrelevant one like Moose, no," I told him and he laughed. "So where did your sisters go?" I asked, changing the subject again.

"I called them on the way over here and told them to get the fuck out."

"You told them to get the fuck out?" I asked, sitting up straight again so I could properly look at him.

"Not quite," Matt continued his laughing, "I told them I needed them out of the house for a few hours."

"And they listened to you?"

"Well yeah, I'm the oldest."

"That's bullshit," I laughed at him.

"Naw," he smiled at me.

"...I have a question for you..." I said, my smile dying, his fading as well.

"What?"

"I... I'm kind of scared to ask..." I admitted and looked down at my hands.

Matt sighed, saying, "You know if you don't ask, it'll bug me until I force it out of you."

I sighed as well, looking at him for a second before asking, "Where are your parents?"

"Oh," Matt's entire face fell after hearing my words and he looked down, away from me. "Um... I shoulda known you'd've asked at some point..." Matt continued after a second or two, "My dad's living in Wales right now. He sends me a crap load of money every few months to take care of Deb and Rach... And uh..." he stopped there, struggling with both his words and himself.

"Matt..." I said softly, resting my head back on his shoulder. He sighed sadly, resting his head in both of his fists. Something was wrong about today, and it had to many men breaking down around me. I could tell he really was fighting with his emotions and he made me feel horrible for asking what I had.

"Matt..." I said again, quieter this time. He still didn't respond to me and his breathing was shaking unstably. "Men," I sighed and pouted, though he couldn't see, before crawling onto his lap. He refused to look at me but didn't seem up to fighting me off of him so I successfully sat in his lap and hugged him, burying my head in his neck so he didn't have to worry about me seeing him like this.

"Why do you live with your sister?" he asked me, sounding more angry than sad, and it startled me.

I sighed again, but didn't move from my position just yet. "My parents got a divorce," I replied plainly, though that wasn't even half of it. I moved my head so my chin was resting on the back of his shoulder and continued with, "I moved in with my mom and Taylor moved out because she was old enough and going through college. And then one day, a few years later she decided to just up and leave with the man she cheated on my father with. Guess where they moved."

I felt Matt's arms finally move around me, hugging me back lightly, before he asked, "Where?"

"France. They moved to fucking France. There was no way in hell I was moving to France with her and she wouldn't stay here for me. And moving in with my sister was easier than moving to the other side of town to live with my dad."

"At least you could still see her if you really wanted, huh?" Matt asked sadly and I pulled away from him, surprisingly he wasn't fighting me at all anymore. The only evidence that he had been previously crying were that his cheeks were a bit damp, other than that he just looked sad. "If you tell anyone I swear..." he started and didn't finish.

"You swear what?" I asked, teasing him a bit.

"I swear... that I'll do something bad. Something very bad," he laughed. I giggled at his words and that helped him hold a smile. His eyes darted back and forth across my face as I stretched my arms out around his neck. "You know what I really want right now?" he asked me.

"What?" I smiled. He shifted me forward on his lap so that we were closer and he moved his face much closer, keeping eye contact with me. He smiled at me deviously and he made it pretty obvious what he wanted. I bit my lip ring, remembering what I had promised his little sister and quickly tried to think of what bad could come of this and surprisingly came up with answers, a lot of them. I moved myself back a little before he could do much more and he quickly pouted.

"Matt," I said, trying to reason with him but there wasn't really anything I could use to reason with him, without telling him what I had promised. And now, looking back at that, it seemed childish. Matt and I weren't dating either, so really this would be like most of the other guys I've fooled around with, I just couldn't think of it like how I was. This wouldn't mean anything and I wouldn't let it get far.

"Meghan, stop thinking," Matt told me and my attention was drawn back to him. I felt one of his hands settle gently on my hip while the other tucked a bit of my blonde hair behind my ear to keep it out of my face.

He leaned in a bit closer and I couldn't stop my eyes from lowering from his eyes to his lips. I stared at him for another second before forcing myself to believe that he was right and quickly leaned back in to kiss him, barely brushing my lips past his in a tease. After a second I saw him smile and his free hand move to my waist, pulling me closer.

"Mmm, more," he demanded.

As I was about to say something else to him his lips were gently pressed to mine, catching me off guard. He obviously didn't want to wait for me again. I kissed him back and then giggled. He took that time to maneuver me more over him skillfully, so that I was straddling him before deepening the kiss he briefly put on hold. I felt both his hands slide up my back from under my shirt as his tongue also started to wander and a few seconds later my bra had come loose. I had to say, even for a guy like him, he was amazing at this kind of stuff. It pretty much proved that he had to be a man-whore. And so much for me not letting this go far.

"Matt-" I tried to say, my conscience telling me that what I was doing was very bad.

"No," he mumbled back before flipping us over, so that I was under him on his bed. My heart started racing to three times its normal speed and my lips seemed to be glued to Matt's as he continued kissing me, somehow managing not to stop. I felt one of his hands continue to wander as he kept himself up with the other.

"Matt-" I tried again.

"Shh," he stopped me again, biting my lip ring gently before kissing lightly down my cheek and reaching my neck while his fingers danced around my breast under my shirt.

I bit my tongue, struggling to stay quiet as I ran my hands through my hair. In those brief moments the only two things that mattered in the world were his lips on my skin and his hands running over me. Somehow Matt seemed to make everything perfect.

Slowly Matt stopped biting and sucking at my neck to look at me, his hand moving down my stomach and to my ass as I realized I was trembling violently from the intimate contact. It was obvious he noticed by the lustful look filling his eyes and the accomplished smirk he gave me.

"So... Just how far have you been?" he asked quietly and I sighed.

"Um..." I started, closing my eyes to try and think. "Like second base," I answered shakily.

"Really?" I could hear the smile present in Matt's voice and I nodded, keeping my eyes closed. "When?" he asked, kissing the side of my head gently and letting his lips linger.

"Right now," I answered quietly and Matt was perfectly still next to me. I opened my eyes to see him eying the hem of my shirt, which was pulled up and showing my stomach and most of my ribs but nothing too revealing.

"Are you serious?" he asked before looking at me.

"Mmhmm," I nodded and watched something change in his face.

He sighed hotly before kissing me again, much more rough than before, and squeezing my ass, hard. I gasped, which actually sounded more like a moan, as he did and a few seconds later he stopped kissing me again.

"Do you have any idea how much more that made me want you?" he asked me heavily, keeping his lips close to mine before he laid down next to me. I shook my head no, with a small giggle, and watched as he licked his lips, eying me in an almost predatory way. "I'd ruin you," he growled once he was done and looked back to my face. To that I didn't react and we laid there for a while, admiring each other.

Before long, though, I sat up a bit and kissed him sweetly and quickly, finally finding time to ask what I had wanted soon after, "Am I the only girl you're interested in right now?"

Matt stared at me. He sighed deeply before swallowing and then asked, "Truthfully?"

I already felt a cold emptiness start to fill my abdomen but I made sure it had no effect on my face. "Yes, truthfully."

"...No. No you aren't."

I continued to look at him for a few more seconds as I felt my stomach shatter, before sitting up straight on his bed and pulling my shirt down. "Okay," I said, trying to make what he told me not matter and stood up, struggling with re-hooking my bra.

"Meghan," I heard him say as he sat up also but I ignored him, quickly leaving his room, "Wait." I wasn't too sure if I had actually heard Matt continue on to say, "But you should be," as I hurried out.

So much for this not meaning anything, either.

I finished fastening my bra before I reached the top of the stairs and then straightened out my hair on the way down them. I didn't hear Matt following me, which sadly hurt me even more, and once I got to his living room I found it deserted. I glanced out the still open front door to see Mariah still sitting outside, only joined by Michael who had his arm loosely around her shoulders as they both silently stared across the street with typhlotic eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
That... took forever to get out I know :/ Was it worth it though? Even if Matt was a dick in the very end? :) I hope it was. I'm just stuck on the next chapter and like I said I didn't want to post this until I had at least Chapter Twenty written but... ah that obviously didn't happen. I'm gonna try though, hopefully I'll be able to update soon.