Death of Seasons

Miss ***

She had long black hair that had been previously pulled up into a crown of curls, but she later let it down, cascading over her bare shoulders. Such contrast it was, rough waves on her skin so smooth and pale. She had a thin frame, a pretty little bone structure that drove me mad. A tight corset hugged her slim sides, and a messy skirt flowed effortlessly down her legs. She was staring at her shoes with those deep green eyes. I came up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist. Looking up suddenly, she slipped her arms around my neck. I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers, biting down softly. We kissed for a brief minute, until I threaded my hands through her hair and began to suck gently on the soft skin of her neck. She shifted a little, making me moan from the closeness. I continued down to her collarbone, silently wishing I would stop. The room seemed to become suffocatingly warm as I watched her undress until she was left in only a few scarce garments. I felt up her thigh, but then pulled my hand away. The sight of her was turning me into something I feared . . ..

She sits on the bed and stares at me innocently.

Now what? This has never happened.

It seems I cannot be a gentleman around her, for she purposely makes it too difficult. I look away in an attempt to hide my vulnerability. She smiles at my weakness, proud of the way my face flushes against my will.

“Come closer, Aidan. Come here.” Dear God, why must her voice be so seductive?

“Yes, dear.” I walk hesitantly, and she smiles at this. The bed creaks as I sit next to her, looking away from those emerald eyes. She embraces me passionately, and I give in, knowing fully that I can’t fight her. She is too beautiful.

Somehow I manage to pull away. Her lips form a pout and she whispers, “Aidan, do you not want me?”

“Of course I want you. That is my greatest fault. I swear, you will be the death of me.”

At those words she smiles. “You know I would never dare to harm you.” Her arms wrap around me and for a moment time is still. I hear her heart beating wildly against mine. It is almost too much to bear.

“Do you love me?” she asks, her lips against my ear.

“Yes, dear.”

“Do you need me?”

“Yes, of course.”

“Do you swear this? Do you swear this on your life?”

“Yes.”

She runs a cold finger across my lips to silence me, making me shiver. Something about her was always so cold . . ..

“You lie.” Her voice is full of malice, and it caught me off guard.

“No, I could never lie to you.”

I look into her eyes one last time. I feel the sharp pain in my back and the warmth of the blood soaking my clothes. With my last gasping breath I tell her…. “I love you.”