Perfect strangers

Shaun - The Tux

Shaun's POV.

Prom Day...

"So are you coming tonight?" Rachel asked brushing past my room into hers, in a beautiful silky blue dress. "You could always come with me and Cane."

"Nah, I think I'm going to sit this one out. The whole thing might upset me." I called out, as I rustled around my room for my left shoe.

"You shouldn't let the whole thing with Matt upset you, what about Rhys he really likes you." She said popping her head threw my door. She looked really beautiful, and not just because she had the hottest dress on, I had picked out for her, she had a glow about her.

"Yeah, I don't know, Well I'm heading up to the shop, want me to grab you anything?"
"No I'm alright, your going to be back before I go right?"

"Yeah, yeah." I called out passing her and dashing down the stairs and out of the house.

* * *

By the time I got home the limo was already pulled up out the front, it was really big, but I guess so was Cane. I chuckled to myself as I walked through the door and seen him towering over the stair case waiting for my sister.

"Looking sharp farm boy." I said as I passed him on the steps, a big grin spreed on his face and he blushed a little. "Now you got to impress Rachel."

I walked through the house first to Rachel's room to tell her to have fun and that Cane was here, then to my room. Something was different about it, my eyes scanned around the room quickly to see what Rachel or someone had forgotten to tell me they took. As my eyes passed my bed I noticed a pile of black clothes laying out flat across my bed, a tux. Pinned to the tux was a note.

'You didn't say No'

It made me smile, but there was more...

' Well you better hurry, the Limo wont wait forever.'

I looked outside, Now standing in front of the Limo was Rhys, Chad, Tara, Cane and Rachel. Had they all planned this and since when did Rachel and Cane know the band? It didn't matter, I knew they did this because they loved me. Rhys looked so amazingly handsome, like a dream. He cleaned up really well, his hair brushed, a really amazing tux, he looked like a different person almost, but then I look again and notice a little of him, personality trade, his feet were still in his favorite pair of chucks.

Chad looked up and seen me, and like Chad would started pointing and jumping around. Then everyone looked up toward me and I seen Rhys smile. I dropped back and closed the window, like I had been busted watching him in the pool again. I considered not going for a split second, but that idea left my mind as soon as it came. I rushed into the shower, a nice hot shower. The water traced my body, it felt good, maybe a little to good. I broke out in laughter and got out of there pretty quickly, thinking un-sexy thoughts.

I dashed naked to my room and pulled on the tux he had left me, perfect fit. I pulled on my chucks to match my date. Ahh date, but there was no way around it. I liked him, he liked me... so why did I still feel funny saying it. I jumped down the stairs 3 at a time, and found Rhys standing at the door.

"I wanted to do this right," he said stepping very close to me, for a second I thought he was going to kiss me, but no. He stepped back and looked at my chest, a small rose was pinned to my tux, it matched the one on his. "Shall we?" He lifted out his arm to escort me.

I couldn't speak, I just took his arm and kind of let out a school girl giggle. I had never done it before, I was really excited and happy, happiest I had been since Matt, but that was the past now. Rhys was going to make me forget it. I smiled and watched him, he was looking at me. Someone really should have been watching where we were going, especially with me being a bit of a cluts. I stumbled forward and almost hit the ground pulling Rhys down with me. Thank god Cane was big enough to catch us both and pretty fast for his size. We all laughed again and jumped in the Limo. I could tell tonight was going to be a night to remember.