Perfect strangers

Rachel - The Father

Rachel's POV.

"Here we go." Shaun said opening the door to the limo. "Lets party."

The grand hotel was a bit out of town, but it was a 5 star hotel, our school went all out for our prom. The high rise building towered over us, it made me feel so tiny. We all chipped in for a room for after the Prom, it was really pricey.

"Well guys where here, lets go dance." Chad said pulling Tara onto the already crowded floor.

The Hall was amazing. The music was prefect, people were dancing on a dance floor near the stage, tables, covered in black and gold silk sheets filled slowly with more people, others gathered near the punch table. Matching balloons covered up the roof, every where except the lighting areas.

"Lets grab some punch." Rhys said to Shaun.

"Not so fast," I say grabbing Shaun as he tried to get back to Rhys, dragging him of outside away from Rhys for a few more moments wouldn't kill him. "I got to ask you something."

I rubbed my belly and smile as he looked at me a little worried. I bit down hard on my lip, to do this right I needed Cane here but he was getting our keys for the room so I had to stall for a moment. Then I decided to play the proud sister, I gripped his tie and fixed it up, even though it was perfect already. Shaun rolled his eyes at me and brushed my hands off him and fixed my changes.

"You know I'm so proud of you." I gulped out, at first this was a stalling attempt, but now I ment it. "You came tonight, your doing better, and you look like this." I waved toward his tux. He rolled his eyes again, and put on a sad face.

"Your so odd." He said with a big smirk on his face, then a look of relief as Cane came marching over. Cane did look handsome, I really loved him for everything he was doing for me and the baby, but it was more now, it was real love. "Can I go back in yet?"

"Hold on, I got to ask you something."

"Have you asked him yet." Cane said wrapping his arm around me.

"Not yet, I was waiting for you."

"Oh well, I'm here now."

"Alright then," I gulped in some air. "Shaun we want you to be the baby's God Father."

"Are you serious? Of course." He seemed so excited, he actually jumped into the air. "Thats amazing, I mean yeah I would be happy to be. Wow."

* * *

Shaun went bouncing of to tell Rhys, which left me and Cane out side alone. He pulled me close to him and hugged me. I let out a single tear of joy into his chest. This was a perfect night. I wasn't even scared of having a baby anymore, not with Cane by my side. The only thing I feared was him finding out who the father was. If they were to find out, it might ruin my life. I'd never forget the inscription on the gift I gave the biological father, "It's yours", that now wasn't true, even though Cane wasn't biologically connected to the baby, he was the baby's Father.