Perfect strangers

Matt - 3's a crowd.

Matt's POV.

Dean had handed me Shaun on a plate, then why didn't I want it. Shaun was what I thought I wanted most in the world, but now that I had a chance to get him back I wanted him to be happy, to be with Rhys, because thats when he was happy. Why did I let Dean do this, I have to fix it. What Shaun and I had was special but what Rhys and him have is so much more, I had my chance with Shaun and I put my job first, I left. I had been happy doing what I do in Africa. Now its Rhys turn, it was the write thing to do. I some how found Rhys first, wondering the streets lost I guess, like I was before I decided to leave for Africa.

"Rhys." I called to him, he stopped a few houses away from me and turn to look. "We need to talk."

"No, no we don't. Shaun should be with you, you can offer him a sane life...he will be happy with you." He yelled walking away.

"Thats such bullshit Rhys and you know it." I ran to catch him, it was hard. Even though he was walking I felt drained when I caught him. I pulled on his shirt and made him sit next to me as I tried to catch my breath. "Look I don't know why you would even think that, but its you he wants he decided didn't he... I don't know what Dean did, or what he has on you to make you leave Shaun but its not worth it."

My words seemed to have some impact on him, but it looked like he needed more convincing. I took a few deep breaths and sighed.

"Look..." he interrupted, "Shaun's better off."

"Are you so sure about that, I seen him, hes so depressed, hes crushed. He needs you."

"But then Dean would just,..."

"No, just leave Dean to me, I will fix this I have to meet here in an hour and I will fix this."

* * *

I had gone to see Shaun and then convinced him to walk with me, Rhys was there as we walked past sitting on a stone on the side of a yard.

"Whats going on here Matt." Shaun said taking one look at Rhys.

"Look you two are ment for each other, Rhys only did what he did because of Dean."

"That two faced bastard." Rhys blurted out.

"Rhys wants you back, and I know you want him back, you two are right together, you fit. Cant you see this is just one of Deans little games, you shouldn't let him win."

"Why are you doing this?" Shaun asked.

"Because I was nearly apart of it, but I could do it in the end."

"Do what exactly?" Rhys said standing up and scanning me over.

"It doesn't matter, what matters is he doesn't win, and that you two make up."

"He's right you know, oh baby I love you. I'm so sorry I did what I did. Dean... Dean knows something about my past that I'm not to proud off, When I seen him last he said he was going to make it public in a way." Rhys broke out begging on his knees at Shaun.

:He black mailed him, cant you see Shaun he loves you."

Shaun hesitated for a moment then leaned into Rhys and hugged him, there lips met, that stung a little... I said it was the right thing, not easy. They both turned to me and smiled.

"So what now?" Shaun asked. Before kissing Rhys, I still couldn't see that. I turned away, I was the ex after all.

"Well I'm going back to Africa for a few months to help set up a few schools."

"What, when do you leave?"

"Just after graduation, you will keep in touch right... both of you." I had gone back to just the friend, Chloe's relative who was their teacher. It was hard, but it felt right, the looks they had for each other made it right. It was true love for them, I hoped.