The Academy Of Bedroom Talk

Okay

Image

__________Image

'Today is the day.' I thought to myself as I woke up that sunny Sunday morning. When I rolled out of bed I noticed Skyler's bed untouched. My heart felt like something was stabbing. It wasn't a very good feeling.

As I rolled out of bed, I looked down to the floor to see the same letter I had gotten only a few days ago. I picked it up and skimmed over it once more. Nothing had changed to me until I noticed a very tiny detail that I must have over looked. It was a small sentence written in probably the smallest font I had ever seen.

Please note: If you decide that you do not agree with any of these decisions made, please talk to the main office and we can figure something else out for you. This is your future, not ours.

Oh gee, thanks for not making that clear in the letter.

I sat the letter back down on the ground and looked at the space between my toes.

"Even if I wanted to stay at Blakesdale, I really had no reason to. The education was nice and all but there was nothing keeping me here. Not anymore, at least." I mumbled quietly to myself as I picked myself off my bed and gained my balance.

Today, I had to go and finish what I started.

After getting dressed, I walked out of the dorm. No one was in the hallway but it still smelled like shit.

As I made my way down the paths of the school, I looked around. It was finally spring and the flowers were starting to pop out. Blakesdale really did look beautiful during every season. I got into the first building and walked up to my locker, trusting it open. I happened to have the rustiest locker in the whole school so opening it was a harsh task that made me feel a little more masculine because most of the boys that I asked to help me open it, couldn't do it.

My locker was almost empty. The only thing that remained was my notebook. The notebook I used for my advice column. Today, I had to write to all my readers and all of my writers, saying that I was going away.

For some strange reason, this made me pretty sad. It might not have been the most interesting thing to do but I can easily say that it made me feel good. Those writers trusted me to give them the best answer I could and even though some of their questions were hard to answer, I tried. Doing what I did defiantly helped my writing and helped me figure out what actually goes on inside the boys mind.

As I was about to close my locker, I noticed a picture hanging on the door. It was a picture of the four of us. Luke, Dane, Skyler and I. We were all smiling but all three of the boys were picking me up bridal style. Skyler was making a funny face, Dane was yawning and Luke was yelling at Skyler. I laughed a bit as I pulled the picture off the door.

I walked into the news paper office. No one was around. Not even Ms.Davison, which was very rare.

The room had a sort of scary silence blowing through it as it was usually filled with the sounds of typing and Chase swiveling around in his chair.

I walked over to my computer and noticed it was already on. On the screen was a small post-it.

Holly,

It pains me to see such a talented human being leave. You've really grown over the year.

I will miss you. Please visit.

~Lucy Davison


I felt a shiver run down my spine.

'Don't do this.' I thought to myself, but I quickly shook the thought of my mind.

I sat down and logged in. As I pulled up my inbox, there were only two messages. One from Mabye.Its.a.dream, one of my constant writers and the other from Chase. I opened the one from Maybe first.

Dear 411,

I have good news.

He finally told me that he loved me.

He came out to me on New Years Eve.

I finally can say that I am happy and it's pretty easy to say that without your help, I would have never been able to come this far.

Thank you.

I hope you had a great vacation.

love always,
Mabye.Its.a.dream


'You know they need you here.' I thought to myself as I closed the email. I once again shook the thought from my mind. I didn't really care if they needed me. I wanted him to need me.

I opened the next email and smiled a little as I read the first sentence.

YOU IS A HO!

Oh Chase, you never cease to amaze.

How dare you leave me! Oh well, I guess there isn't much I can do about it except say that I going to miss you buddy. For the time that I've known you, it is save to say that there is no cooler girl out there. I wish you were my sister (partly because my sister at home is a horrible witch but I mostly because you're awesome)! If you forget to write, I will come find you and you will regret not writing me!

Mucho love,
Chase. :)


I giggled a little to myself but I was unable to hit the reply button. There was nothing to say really. What was I going to tell him?

Well see, I'd love to stay because the new school I'm going to is almost exactly the same but with girls buuuut knowing that he doesn't love me back breaks my heart so I'm going to be selfish and leave.

Yeah Holly, you're a real master with words. And thinking.

The next place I went to was the mail room. When I got there I found exactly what I expected to find. Skyler's gift. I picked it up and ripped off the packaging.

It was a photo album of us. Just the two of us. I smiled as I flipped through.

In most of the pictures it was me looking away and Skyler planting a big sloppy kiss on my cheek while taking a picture of us, myspace style. I stopped flipping the pages at a particular picture.

Rather then him kissing me, it was me kissing him on the cheek. His face was bright red and his smile was bigger then ever. I remembered that exact moment and I wanted it back.

I closed the book and walked quietly back to the dorm.

When I got to the door there was a note taped to it.

Holly,
Be back in twenty. Getting something. Skyler's looking for you by the way.
-Dane


Skyler was looking for me? I shrugged. He was probably looking to see if I had any money or to try and apologize again. Most likely the first one. And anyway, if he tried to say he was sorry again I wouldn't be able to stand it. I wouldn't be able to face him and hear 'you're my best friend'. Not again.

I sighed and brushed my hair out of my face as I opened the door. I almost rushed into my room and plopped onto the bed. After maybe two seconds I shot back up because there was a stabbing pain in my back.

I turned around to see what I had fallen on only to find Skyler's sketch book. I had seen him doodling in this thing for hours before but I never actually had seen what was inside. When I opened it, one of the pages fell out and onto the floor but I ignored it.

The cover page only had one word. 'You.'

I began flipping though the pages and my eyes grew wide. Every single page was filled with beautiful portraits of a beautiful looking girl. Laughing, smiling and even yelling. They were so detailed and each one had a small heart in the corner of them. I heart began to sink again. Who was this girl? Skyler's new girlfriend?

I closed the book as tears started to form in my eyes. I held them back with all my might until they finally went away. When I moved the book aside, I noticed the note that had fallen to the ground. I picked it up and was about to stick it back into the book but then curiosity kicked in.

I flipped it open and began to read;

Hello there.

I have a problem and I think you could help me out. I think you're the only person that could ever help me with this problem.

There is this girl. This beautiful, wonderful girl that won't get out of my mind. She used to hate me but I don't think she does anymore. If anything I think she might like me just as much as I like her.

But I'm scared. I'm scared of being rejected. I don't know how to tell her what I want to tell her. I've wanted to say it ever since I first realized it. Ever since that night she thought I forgot. I decided to play along with it so that it wouldn't risk our growing friendship but I knew that on that night, I realized something special about this girl.

This girl was my everything. Or, at least, I want her to be.

I'm madly in love with the only girl in school. In other words, I'm madly in love with my roommate.

I love you, 411. I only hope you love me back.

-The View From Room 182.


The note slipped between my figures as I felt my heart stop.

No, this couldn't be real.

But it was. It was in his handwriting.

Instinct kicked in suddenly.

I shot up from my bed and dashed out the door, pushing Dane to the ground on the way out.

"Sorry!" I shouted but didn't look back. I was running and only one thing was going to stop me.

I started in the courtyard but found nothing. Then I went to the Study Hall, not there either. I was starting to get nervous.

I began running quickly though the halls of the empty school, looking left and right and not really paying attention to where I was going. And, as usual, I ran into something. Something hard.

I fell backwards but caught myself from falling flat on the ground.

I heard a small grown coming from whatever I had run into. I then rubbed my eyes and looked over at the object. Without a second thought, I jumped on top of him.

"Found you." Skyler said, letting out a small laugh. "Not exactly as romantic as I wanted it to be though." I laughed a little as he got up and pulled me up with him. "Creampuf- Holly, I've got to tell you something." He said in the most serious voice I've ever heard from him.

"Skyler I-" I was cut off but Skyler's sudden babbling.

"You can't leave. You just can't. Okay, well, you can, but you can't leave me!"
"Skyler-"
"There are so many reasons. I mean, urg, gosh, I'm really bad at this. Basically, I can't let you leave me because I need you, Holly!"
"Sky-"
"And I just want you to know-"
"Skyler!" I shouted but he quickly covered my mouth with his hand.

"No, no talking from you. It's my turn." He gave his famous devilish smile as his face grew a rosy color. "Holly, Uh, Holly Adams. Well, I've known you for a very long time now and we've grown to know each other very well but I've grown to realize that-"

Before he could even finish his sentence, my lips cut him off. He was surprised at first but then pushed me away quickly.

"Hey! I wasn't done!" He pouted like a four year old.
"I'm sorry, continue." I leaned back a little bit, giggling shyly.

"Holly, I love you." He said proudly and with a large sigh of relief. I quickly tackled him with a hug and he held me tightly. I could feel the heat from his face flickering onto my cheeks. "Please don't leave me."

I giggled a little bit. He pulled away and looked down at my face with almost a worried look on his face. I smiled up at him.

"I'm not leaving you any time soon, Stupidhead," I smirked a little, "I love you too." Before he could say anything, I leaned up and kissed him, tangling my fingers into my hair and all. The classic 'I love you' kiss.

When we finally separated, he was smiling like a fiend.

"Hey Sky!" I heard a loud echo from down the hall. Luke and Dane ran up to us, panting and sweating. Really, these boys need to stop playing so many video games and get outside more.

Skyler wrapped his arm tightly around my waist and pulled me close.

"Hey boys." He smiled wildly.

Dane looked up at us and smiled to himself a bit. "About time." He mumbled quietly.

"I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!" Luke shouted like a child, jumping up and down while laughing.

"So are you guys...?" Dane trailed off as he leaned himself against a locker. We both nodded quickly. My smile was growing larger and larger. "And so you're not...?" Dane said, directing his eyes towards me.

"Yep! I'm here to stay guys! I just have to let the headmaster know!" Both Luke and Dane quickly tackled me with a hug, squeezing me to death.

"Yay! We get to keep her!" Luke shouted with glee, letting out a small laugh as he began to let go.

Before either of them did, Skyler pried them off of me. "Hey! Hey! Hey! She's mine. Off." He pulled me close to him and stuck his tongue out at the both of them.

They both rolled their eyes at him as they began walking towards the main office. We followed behind. The whole time, Skyler was holding my hand tightly.

Once or twice, my eyes peeked up at him and he looked down at me, smiling the happiness smile I had ever seen in my whole life. His grip on my hand became a little bit tighter.

It was then that I knew it.

I knew that as long as Skyler and I were together, everything was going to be okay.

Finally, everything was going to be okay.

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
Many tears and happy goodbyes to this story. Sadly, we must wave goodbye to it and say hello to some new ideas I've come up with.

Anyone here like X-Men? I do.

Anyone here want an X-Men spin-off story? Good news, I started writing one.

Click here to check it out!

Well, that's all for now. Please leave your ending thoughts about this in the comments!

I love you all and I'm seriously going to miss these characters, seriously. They've grown on me.

Much love,
xxkitkat.