Rips your heart out and leaves you bleeding with a smile on your face.

four

"M-Melissa," he stuttered, brushing his index finger softly over his bottom lip.
"I'm s-sorry! I don't know what came over me." And that was the truth, he honestly didn't know what had come over him. He was usually the shy, outspoken type. Definitely not the type of guy to make a move on a girl he just met.
Melissa didn't give a care about him or his apologies. She stormed off angrily into her house. She wasn't really angry at him, but at herself. She had let her guard down, he had her fooled.

She kicked off her shoes and ran up the stairs to her bedroom. Sitting on her bed with her head in her hand, she thought. She thought about how great her life was before Dalton broke up with her. They were happy, they were more than happy! Then suddenly, after three years, he ended it. He broke her heart and asked for it back the next day. If he wouldn't have told her to go to the park, she would have never nearly gotten raped, she would have never met Mark, and most importantly.. she would still be happy. Her life would still be picture perfect, but that wasn't the case. Questions came flooding into her mind. Why wasn't Dalton at the park like he said he'd be? Was it all just a foolish joke?

She flopped on her back and pictured Ashton Kutcher jumping out from behind something and screaming "You've just been punk'd!" and she could laugh it off. She let out a long shaky sigh. "Tough chance." she told herself. She rolled over on her side and brought her legs up to her chest, not bothering to change out of her current clothes she let her eyes shut and sleep take over her body.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark stared at Melissa's back as she stormed into her house.
"Fuck." he muttered and turned to walk away. Slouching his shoulders and dragging his feet, he picked up the pace. Soon, he was running, his long lanky legs reached out from under him and pounded hard down on the pavement.

Everything around him slowly blurred and faded away. He was running in complete darkness. It was engulfing him, suffocating him. He needed to get out! He ran faster, harder, trying to find and escape, a way out. He needed it. He started to panic, grunting and breathing heavily, he came to an abrupt halt.Nearly falling over, he regained his balance. He felt drops of wetness falling and breaking on the top on his head. He looked around not able to see the rain drops. Still darkness. He drew in a long breath and held it in.
"It's okay, you just over worked yourself." he whispered.
He stuck his hand out in front of his face, squinting his eyes he tried to see it. Something ghostly white was placed a mear few inches from his face. Startles by the contrast of his pale skin floating in darkness, he whipped his hand back down to his side. He always knew he was pale, but this was ridiculous.

He squinted his eyes, harder this time, trying to figure out just where he was. A rush of color came flooding by. He winced at the brightness of it all and slammed his eyelids shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, sorry for the wait. But here it is.
I feel pretty proud about this chapter, comments please.
I mean it this time, I want new comments or else I wont update.