Guardian Angel's Don't Exist...Do They?

Jeremy's Orphanage

[Back at Heath's house]

"Please! My uncle has ran out of employees, all these kids are getting out of control, and Nana is about to explode!!"

I yawned in boredom, "Oh...what's that? Jeremy is finally giving me a job? What?" I leaned in closer with my ear.

He groaned, "Look, my uncle didn't need any help and I was being very selfish about it! I'm sorry! Can you just help me?" He went on his knees and looked at me with the puppy eyes expression.

His uncle owns this orphanage that I asked to help when I needed the job but no Jeremy says they didn't need any help. Jeremy wanted to start a band!

I sighed, "I have to babysit." I pointed to Heath who was playing chess by himself.

"He can can help, too! The more the merrier!"

"But he's busy-"

"He can conquer the king's castle later!" He went up to Heath, "Ledger, can you please let your assistant help me?" Jeremy asked while he glared at me, "You can come too!"

"Sure, mate." he answered cheerfully as Jeremy did his 'YES!' little victory dance.

"Argh!" I raised my hands up in defeat, "And I thought you were on my team." I muttered.

Heath kicked out the opponents bishop, "But!"

Jeremy stopped to listen as I did too, "Let me finish my game first." he went into deep thought after that and kept on a hard stare at the game board.

Jeremy went next to me and whispered, "How long will this take?"

I shrugged, "Depends on what situation he's in."

Ledger, unexpectedly, slammed his queen infront of the other king, "Checkmate!" he gave out a toothy grin as he looked at us, "Now, what was it you needed help on?"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[At Jeremy's orphanage]

I cradled Andrew as he kept crying. I didn't no how to do this! Why put me with the babies? Why can't Nana do it? Grrr! Please Andrew calm down!

"I think you need to change his nappy, Nova." Heath shouted as he appeared next to me.

"But he already took a nap!"

"I meant his diaper!"

"But you said nappy!"

Jeremy came in with a pissed off look on his face, "Can you guys have your Aussie arguement later and help me?!" he gave Andrew his bottle and gently put him down on his crib.

"Ledger started it." I chuckled. He grinned and playfully pushed me.

Just then a pair of little arms wrapped around my neck and their legs went around my torso, "Terry! Your back!" the little boy, I know and love, yelled in my ear.

"Yes, Morgan, you can stop choking me!" he snickered and jumped off. This little hyperactive kid, Morgan, is one of the little dudes I hang out with here whenever I visit to play my guitar and some cover songs with Jeremy. Yes, he is an orphan and he's only seven going on to eight next month in December.

"Terry, are you going to play some songs with Jeremy?" he asked excitedly.

"Morgan I would but my guitar passed away." I sighed sadly as he gave me a confused look, "What does that mean?" he asked, "guitar's aren't alive."

"Oh she means that it broke." Heath said crouching down to my level as he smiled at Morgan.

Morgan stared at him in amazement, "How tall are you?"

"6'1." Heath answered.

"Woah! You passed uncle Artie!" Morgan exclaimed as Heath chuckled.

Just then Arthur came running inside Andrew's room out of breath, "What happened? Who called me? Who's in trouble?"

Someone's a bit jumpy.

"Everything's fine Uncle." Jeremy said as he motioned to everyone to keep quiet cause Andrew fell asleep.

I nudged Heath and started walking out of the room behind Arthur. He smiled and gave me a warm hug, "Terry!"

"Hello Arthur." I patted his back as he let go and smiled at me, "How have you been, child? Any luck on finding a job?"

"I'm doing pretty good. And I work for him." his eyes averted towards Heath, "Oh? Who's this?"

"Arthur this is Heath Ledger." Heath smiled and shook hands with Arthur.

"The Heath Ledger?"

Morgan jumped up in excitement, "Did you come out from the movie Dogtown?"

Great...Morgan knows him, too?! Is Mr. Aussie that famous?

"Lords of Dogtown, Morgan." Arthur corrected him as he gave him a wink.

"Skateboarding is cool! Me and Terry ride them, right?" Morgan asked me.

"Yeah.....I think I saw that movie, too." I muttered to myself. I heard Heath chuckling from behind and he whispered, "Well that makes two movies...or one in a half."

"I don't want to see Brokeback Mountain." I said as I clutched my head.

"Whats brokeback mountain?" Morgan asked, "Is it a movie?"

"Yes, Morgan, a very scary movie." I muttered making a face to Arthur to change the subject.

"A scary movie?! I wanna see it!" Arthur finally realized my expression and looked around after he heard Morgan's sentence, "Hey Morgan, why not go and get Nana?"

"Okay." Morgan ran off to look for her while I sighed in relief. Arthur went to join him and followed Morgan. I turned to Heath who had a content look on his face, "I'm sorry." I muttered.

He arched an eyebrow, "For?"

"I didn't mean to offend you." I looked away shamefully.

He burst in laughter, "Nova, Nova, Nova." he put an arm over my shoulder, "I'm already used to all that crap in the tabloids." he giggled and lifted my chin, "You did not offend me, either way."

I blinked, "Okay then!" I said cheerfully and ducked out of his grasp, "Cause its okay....." a sly smile played on my lips as I began to sing, "~If you were gay~That'd be okay~Cause, hey I like you anyway~"

"I'm not gay, Nova" he groaned.

"I said "if" you were.." I nudged him, "Its a joke, Heath. I know your straight." I kept my smile as he kept his narrowed eyes on me, "Oh and Heath?"

He still looked at me the same but wating for what I'm going to say,

"Why so serious?" I used his "Joker" line.
♠ ♠ ♠
blah blah blah....
another update after this,
don't worry more info is on the next chapter.

teehee Lauren wouldn't shut up and that gay song is in my head >=[