That Lover Is So Two Hours Ago

Science Class

"Yo, Trautmann. What's up?"

"Nothing, Lewis. What was due today?"

"Scientific Notation 3."

"Thanks."

Marc Trautmann, basketball star at Washington Academy and heart breaker of the forever, always checks with me for assignments. I say forever because ever since the third grade, Marc has been the key focus of most of the girls. We few girls stood against him and his pale blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. He had tan freckles around the bridge of his nose and all over his arms. You would normally see him in an Aeropostale shirt with some common khaki shorts and some Nikes. He wasn't the nicest guy. Well, at least not to me. We've known each other since the 3rd grade. He called me the Jolly Green Giant and Yamaris until I wanted to slap him silly. Him and his obnoxious friends, Cameron and Derek at the time, would always pick on me. Cameron, otherwise known as Torch because of his explosion of flame read hair, is decent. He's a little weird and is good friends with Jason Burg.

Jason is...different. He's nice, smells good, wears a variety of clothes, plays sports, and is a little bit of an attention whore. He loves females. I could tell when he started staring. Jason had a warm tan glow to his skin. His big brown eyes were intense under his dirty blonde hair. Most girls said he was just too pretty to be straight.

The two boys were always with the other. It was a rare sight for them to be out of hearing distance of each other. They had plenty of classes together and ate lunch together. They would live in the same house with each other if they could. They referred to themselves as brothers.

Jason, my new found lab partner, sat to my right while Trautmann was sitting backwards in his chair in front of me. They seemed to love talking right in front of me, cutting me off from the teacher's directions.

"Hey, Marc, why did they close down the boy's locker room? We haven't been able to have a normal gym class in a week!"

"I'm not sure. I think it's because someone vandalized it. I hate how they make us change in the elementary school's bathrooms. That's so awkward."

"It's even more awkward when a teacher comes in. Did you get invited to Matt's birthday? I heard Chadi and Cameron were going."

"Yeah. It'll be chill. Hopefully, we'll play video games all day and eat cake."

"Yeah! I hope so, too."

"I'm sorry to interrupt this extremely urgent conversation, but can we please start working? Jason we need to study the note cards, and Trautmann start studying with Jessica."

"Well! Jason meet me at the stairs so we can talk without being so rudely interrupted!"

Jason laughed and turned his attention to me. He shuffled his note cards like he would a deck of cards. He picked out a few and started quizzing me. We were barely through with the first definition when the bell signaled for passing time before third hour.

I play the flute, Jason plays saxophone, and Trautmann plays the oboe. All three of us went to our lockers, got our instruments, and went down the narrow stairs to the band room that was in the basement. Advanced Band was settling and tuning as we opened our cases and joined in.

I sat to the far left in the second row, Trautmann was the third person from the right in the first row, and Jason sat multiple rows behind us in the middle. Jason kept yelling across the room at Marc trying to get his attention. When he finally responded they used me as a messenger for their useless conversations.

Their obsession with each other was starting to get on my last nerve. If family is like this, then thank goodness I was an only child!
♠ ♠ ♠
This is sort of an inside joke. Sounds kind of lame. I'm just proving to both Trautmann and Jason that i was serious when i said i would write it on them. This story is based on real people and some real events. Enjoy and please if you love me or this story comment and describe. I want to make it as good as it can get! Thanks!