That Lover Is So Two Hours Ago

Turn Down the Lights; It's Party Time

I rushed off the bus and begged my mom to let me go. She said I would have to help her run some errands, finish all my homework Friday night, and clean before she left for her trip.

Once finished, I called Margie, my best friend.

"Margie, do you think it would be a good idea to wear high heels to Jason's party?"

"What party?"

"Jason's party tomorrow. Trautmann said that you were going, too."

"Oh, that party. Well, Trautmann is a liar. It's not just Jason's birthday party. It's just some lame boy-girl party. I was invited. Are you going?"

"I don't know anymore. Trautmann actually asked me to go with him. Think it's a bad idea?"

"What?!Trautmann asked you, the girl who he's fought with for years, out to a boy-girl party? He's up to no good. I'll go if you go. I wonder what we need to wear."

"Probably jeans and a nice shirt. Maybe some shoes that haven't been destroyed."

"Yeah, that'll work. What time does it start?"

"I have no clue. Trautmann's picking me up around 7:30. So it might start at 8. We can always just go together and meet them all there."

"I may not be able to. My dad's going all bad cop on me and has me on a curfew. That sounds like a good idea, but we'd have to check with him."

"Okay. I have to go eat food. Bye."

"Bye."

-

A whole day had gone by. I called Trautmann and repeated the plan I had discussed with Margie.

I was about to walk out the door when Margie showed up out of nowhere with her mom's car behind her.

"Shamon!"

She was still the Michael Jackson fan for the moment. I got into her mother's car and we cruised away to the party.

When we got there, the party hadn't even started. There were only Jason's immediate guy pals who were busy putting up decorations and setting up the food. Jason was in a light blue,polo shirt and a normal pair of jeans. He finished the look with his dazzling smile as he approached us.

"Hey, ladies. I'm glad you guys came. Marc should be here soon. He had a soccer game to go to. Chadi and Cameron are upstairs trying to look good."

"Kawaii."

"Punch?" Jason asked, nodding to the neon colored liquid.

"That punch is mine!" Margie exclaimed while going to go get some.

"Lewis," Chadi and Marc said while walking down from the upstairs.

"Wow! It took you guys that long to look exactly the same?"

Marc sprang forth to slap the back of Jason's head. Cameron came down shortly after.

Soon enough, more and more people showed up. By the time the party actually "started" Emma, Megan, Anna, Almira, Erin, Margie, me, Chadi, Cameron, Marc, Matt, Andy, Mitchell, and Jason, of course, were there.

The music came from an expensive stereo system sitting on the shelves parallel to the entrance to the basement. There was plenty of party food and room to dance and socialize.

Jason was all smiles about his friends being here to share his first party and 13th birthday party with.

"Hey, guys, wanna play a game? It starts with Spin and ends with the Bottle," Ethan suggested, eyeing Almira.

"Gross, Ethan, I don't think that's a good idea. Look there are more girls...The chances are a little off."

"Hey, I think we should."

After a shouting match of what to do instead, we resorted to playing Truth or Dare.

"This is going to be interesting," Margie said," I won't want to stop til' I get enough."

"Let me guess! Is it because that's just human nature?"

She squealed as Jason was forced to start the game rolling.

"Truth or Dare?" Matt asked the birthday boy.

"Truth," he replied, hesitant.

"Umm, who's your crush?"

"I don't know! I probably don't have one. I get to ask Marc!"

"Oh, boy."

"Since I'm a real man, I pick Dare."

Jason paused to think and look at his other guy-friends before saying," I dare you to go around my neighborhood with me, Chadi, Cameron, , and Matt and sing the theme song of Dora the Explorer. Ethan's not included because he'd rather stay here with the girls. We'll also be pushing a shopping cart. There shall be popcorn which we will throw at cars. Sound good?"

Everyone except me was silently staring at Marc. I was too busy laughing at the thought of them pulling this off.

All five guys stood up and walked out of the door and into the garage. The rest of us just heard rustling until they all pop their heads in along with a neon orange shopping cart.

Trautmann, the fastest, ran upstairs and brought the popcorn. The party had only lasted 30 minutes. We were now all huddling in Jason's front yard getting ready to watch stupidity at its best.

The strange boys stripped down to their boxers and briefs. This was not the most pleasant sight to see. Chadi and Matt were on roller blades and their wastes were fastened with rope to the cart. Cameron was on a skateboard, tied, and with his video camera. Jason was on his bike; Trautmann, signing his death wish, chose to sit in the cart along with pillows, a bat, popcorn, and water bottles.

"Ready guys?"

"Born ready!" Cameron shouted, enthused.

Jason started the ball rolling by shoving the cart down his hill of a road.

They were off! They all started singing: You can lead the way. That was the last thing I heard before they turned right. The popcorn trail would be the only thing to keep them from getting lost.

"Oh my gosh! That was so much fun!" Trautmann shouted.

"Where'd everybody go?"

They had been gone for 45 minutes. The only people remaining were me and Margie.

"Turns out my dad left for an overnight meeting and my mom's car broke down. Yamari's mom is in Vegas for the weekend."

"Hey, roomies, " I said.

"Nooo!" They all shouted at once.

-

"It's past midnight, Yamari, go to sleep."

I just couldn't. My mind was going 110 miles per minute for no reason. Margie, an alert insomniac, was staring out of Jason's second-floor room window. All the guys were all fast asleep, probably worn out from their little dare.

Chadi has his thumb in his mouth and was almost lost in an ocean of blankets. Cameron's mass of flame-colored hair covered his face; his limbs were spread out making him look like a starfish. Matt was clenching a pillow to his middle yet sleeping soundly. Jason and Trautmann were holding each other. Their arms were intertwined with the blankets. They were around the same height, but Jason was situated so that his head was snuggled against Marc's chest.

I could swear they didn't fall asleep like that. It was cute to look at but a little awkward at the same time.

As my eyes were just about to leave the two, Marc opened his and shoved Jason away.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"Dude, what did I tell you about getting close to me in public?"

"Um...don't?"

"Exactly."

Trautmann was trying hard to look angry while Jason's was thoroughly sad.

That's what I get for thinking this night couldn't get any weirder.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooooooooo...oooo sorry I haven't updated in a while. It's not like this took be long, but the homework, the Trautmann stealing my book, and the lack of sleep increase hasn't helped. It's pretty good I must say. The dare was funny...I have over 10 people reading this through email in my grade alone. All the feedback is workin' tons. Thanks guys!