Because Life Is Just That Awesome

Chapter Twenty

I walked down the stairs and started towards the kitchen, but before I got there. I happened to run into the wall. I groaned in pain and I heard somebody laughing from the kitchen. I walked in there to see Matt sitting at the counter staring absentmindedly at a glass of water on the other side.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I'm trying to use the force to get that glass of water." He said, still staring at the glass.

"Here, I'll save you the trouble." I walked over and grabbed the glass and set it down in front of him. "So much for the force," I told him.

"Who are you kidding?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"I used the force." He said proudly.

"No, I just handed you the glass…" I said weirdly.

"Not willingly, I used the force to control your mind and make you hand me the glass of water. You just got owned!" he said, again very proudly.

"Nah, I'm too smart to be controlled by your little mind." I said jokingly.

"Says the girl who just walked into a wall." I opened my mouth to say something. But I shut it right after. I knew he got me there.

"Exactly. You can't fight that and you know it.""

"Fine, I'll admit to that, but on any other day, not a chance." He rolled his eyes and took a sip of the water.

"I bet I can use the force to get the water back." I told him.

"I'd like to see you try." He said confidently.

"Fine." I sat there, just staring at him. He would just stare back. Occasionally he would chuckle a little and settle down again.

"Hey Matt?" He looked at me curiously, "I'm thirsty, can I have some of your water?" I asked.

"Sure, here you go." He handed me the water.

"I WIN!!"

"What?" He looked at me weirdly.

"I got the water."

"You asked for it…"

"No, I used the force to make you think I asked for it. And then you gave it to me. So I'm awesome!" I said. He sighed and shook his head.

"Guess what?" Jimmy said coming into the room.

"What?" We both asked him at the same time.
"I don't need to use the force." He said grabbing the water out of my hands and drinking the rest of it.

"That's not fair!" Matt complained.

"Dude, Matt. It's star wars we're talking about here. NOTHING is fair!!" Matt sat there thinking about it for a second. Still thinking...the thinking continues.

"Geeze Matt, It's not rocket science." I told him.

"Yes it is. Star wars is filled with fucking space ships and crap. It's ALL rocket science."

"No, it's called science fiction." Jimmy said. Matt and I looked at him some what shocked.

"What?" Jimmy said, "I can be smart if I want to."

We still just stared at him.

"Oh get over it." Jimmy said. We both laughed.

"So how's life?" Matt asked out of nowhere.

"Uh...fine." we said.

"That's good." He smiled and waved.

We all just sat there quietly. It was sort of an awkward silence.

"I HAVE ARRIVED!!!" Zacky said coming into the room.

"Hi Zacky..." We all said to him.

"It was really quiet in here, so I figured I'd come in here and make sure everybody's alive."

"Well thanks for caring Zacky." I said to him.

"Anytime." He smiled and skipped out of the room. Jimmy, Matt and I looked at each other and we all started laughing.

"Zacky is so strange sometimes." Matt said.

"I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!!" Zacky yelled from another room.

"GOOD!!" We all yelled back to him.