Because Life Is Just That Awesome

Chapter Twenty One

Twenty one

I was sitting i Jimmy's house playing his drums. he wasn't quite awake yet. And I'm sure he'd have a major hang over when he did wake up. He didn't exactly stay sober last night, far from it actually.

"Stop playing those damn things!! It's too loud and it hurts my head!!" he yelled coming into the room. "Plus you suck at it." he told me.

"Hey, don't insult people that can hit you with drum sticks. It's not nice!" I told him.

"Oh, I'm So afraid." He said sarcastically.

"You should be." I told him.

"Well I'm not." He said to me. Just then I threw the drumstick and it was about to hit him in the head, but he dodged it before it could.

"Look at those amazing refle-" before he had a chance to finish I threw the other drumstick and it hit him in the shin. He cried out in pain and fell to the floor.

"Reflexes of a dead cat." I laughed. "That's what you have." I told him. I went over to him and helped him up off the floor. "You gotta remember, Two drumsticks. Not one, but two."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." he said.

"Does your head hurt?"

"No...not really because guess what? YOU HIT ME IN THE LEG!!" He yelled.

"Well me hitting you in the leg got your mind off of the major head ache you had when you first came in here." I told him.

"I guess, or maybe it was the advil I took before I came in here!" He said sarcastically.

"I suppose that's a possibility..." I said.

"Just maybe." He said.

"You wanna go swimming?" I asked him.

"Is that why you came over here?"

"No, I came over here to play your drums." I told him.

"You couldn't have waited until I was awake?" I shook my head.

"How many times do I have to tell you guys that if you wanna get rid of me, you have to lock your front door." I said. He just rolled his eyes.

"Maybe I should just get lasers to shoot anybody that comes near my front door." I laughed at his comment.

"Are we gonna go swimming or not?"

"What about the rest of the guys?" He asked. We got out of his house and started walking down the street.

"Oh, they're already there, I just came over here to get you." I told him.

"But, you just said...wait what?"

"So maybe I lied. Or who knows, maybe I'm lying now. Maybe they're all standing right behind you and about to attack you."

"Oh, yeah, I'm totally falling for that one. As I turned around you run down the street. I know you too well for that." He said.

Right after he said that he was tackled to the ground by the guys. I laughed. "You should have listened to me."

"Oh shut up Maddie. You wouldn't have even listened to you."

"That's true. But you know, I'm not the one that just got tackled to the ground." I told him. All five of them looked at each other and started to get up.

"I'm gonna take that as my cue to run my ass off." I said and ran as fast as I could down the street towards my house. I heard footsteps behind me, but I kept running.

I ran up the front porch steps and realized that of all the times they lock the door, they pick now. I looked around and decided to run into the back yard. I hopped over the fence and started to run, but I was quickly dragged down onto the ground.

And soon I felt somebody sit on me. I looked up the best I could to see Johnny there. "How's it going Johnny?"

"Just wonderful, how's the weather down there?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"There's a little bit of a draft, but other than that, it's mildly humid." I told him.

"It smells like a pool back here." he said out of nowhere. I laughed a little.

"I wonder why Johnny. Hmm, maybe IT'S THE POOL that's three feet away." I said.

"Well if you're gonna be that way, maybe you should get to know Mr. Pool." He said and picked me up. I started squirming. and I held onto him for dear life.

"If I go in, you come in with me," I warned him.

"Oh well," He said and jumped into the pool, still holding onto me. The time underwater seemed to pass by so slowly, but eventually we finally got back up and I struggled out of the water.

Johnny got out a little bit after me, but as soon as he was out of the pool, I pushed him back in.

"Oh come on, that was uncalled for."

"Oh well." I said to him. He just pouted. I kissed him and he smiled.

"Okay, I'm over it now." he said.

"Good, because it's too late now."

"Where'd everybody else go?" I asked Johnny.

"they went inside and they're watching TV right now. I can see them in the window." I nodded. "It's cold."

"Really, I'm hot." I smiled and shook my head.

"Should've seen that coming." He smiled like an idiot.