Because Life Is Just That Awesome

Chapter Twenty Two

Twenty Two

"Let's go to the park." Jimmy said.

"I don't know if we should...you remember what happened last time." Zacky said.

"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!" Johnny yelled.

"Yeah, but that accident landed you in the hospital with a concussion and a broken arm."

"Well they shouldn't make the jungle gym so tall. They should know that someday a little kid is gonna jump off those things and hurt themselves." He said trying to defend himself.

"Maybe little kids, but not a grown man." Brian said. "Or maybe not so grown." he said making another short joke.

"Aww come on, now that Jimmy said something, I really wanna go to the park!!" Johnny whined. Everybody sighed. "I'll stay off the jungle gym this time...okay, I probably won't, but I won't jump off it this time." he said.

"Fine," Everybody sighed again.

"Somebody call the hospital now and tell them to be ready for Johnny." Matt said.

"Will you guys just let that go and let me have my fun. It's not like I died." Johnny said.

"If you did die we wouldn't be worrying about you hurting yourself again, because you wouldn't be going with us, therefore you wouldn't be able to die." I said. "Anyways, let's just go to the park already."

"Yes!!!I CONQUER!!" Johnny yelled and ran out of the door and started running down the street.

"JOHNNY!!!" I yelled down the street to him. He stopped and turned around, "Park's this way." I said and pointed the other way. He blushed and started running back towards the opposite way. I grabbed his arm and stopped him as he passed us.

"What are you doing?" he asked. "I wanna go to the park." He whined.

"We are going there," I told him, "But I need my manly escort." I linked my arms with his, "And you're the closest thing I could find." I told him jokingly.

"very funny, Maddie."

"I know." I said smiling.

"Do you now? What if i told you that you're really the most boring person in the world?" he asked.

"I think I would cry," I told him. I said it very seriously, but I didn't mean it that seriously.

"Well we wouldn't want that, so in this case, you're a very exciting person!"

"Psh, I'm an exciting person in every case." I said.

"Yes, but you, my friend, are very amazing." I smiled and kissed him.

"I love you Johnny boy."

"I love you too shorty." He said back to me.

"You're not that much taller than me!" I whined.

"So what, one inch or one foot, I'm still taller than you giving me the right to call you shorty." Johnny said, explaining his cause.

"You're preaching to the choir here Johnny." I told him.

"I'm what?"

"I have no clue, I just heard it on TV yesterday and wanted to say it." I told him, "So I figured why not?"

"Why so? That's the real question."

"Because I felt like it." I said. He thought about it for a second.

"I don't get it." He said slowly.

"Me neither. Let's just forget about it."

"Anyways, I bought a new wallet yesterday." He said.

"really now?"

"Yeah, but what sucks...I spent all my money on the wallet and now I don't have any money to put inside the wallet."

"that's interesting." I told him smiling. "But a new wallet is probably better than what you had, for whenever you do get more money." I said to him.

We finally arrived at the park. I went straight to the swings and Johnny went straight to what other than the jungle gym.

Everybody was watching him carefully, because we didn't want him to get hurt again. Even though it was probably bound to happen anyways.

Everyone eventually started to chill about it and out of nowhere Jimmy came up to me. "TAG! You're it." He said tapping my arm and ran away from me. We all started to run around the park.

Johnny was chasing me and I was heading straight for a tree. Right before I was about to hit it I moved out of the way, but Johnny didn't move fast enough and ran into the tree.

"Oww, that hurt. Who put that tree there?" He said holding his nose, which was now bleeding.

"Um, I think it grew there on it's own..." I told him helping him up.

"That's evil." I patted his back.

They all came over to see what happened and as soon as we explained it they all started to burst out laughing.

"That's not funny, It hurt!" Johnny said. "Okay, it is funny, but still."

"It's okay Johnny, at least we didn't need to take a trip to the hospital." I told him patting his back.

"Can we go home? My nose hurts." Johnny asked. We all agreed to go home.

"It's ironic, Johnny was the one who wanted to go to the park so badly, but he's the first one to want to leave." Zacky said.

"Yeah, sorta..." We all agreed and went to our own houses.