Because Life Is Just That Awesome

Chapter Twenty Five

Twenty five

"So what do you wanna do?" Selena asked me. I shrugged and thought about it.

"I say we go on a road trip!" I said once I thought of the idea.

"I'm down, it's not like I have to work this week." she said.

"Awesome, you wanna bring the guys along?" she thought about it for a second.

"Yeah, then I can spend some time with your brother." she said wiggling her eyebrows a little. I shuddered.

"A simple yes would have been fine." I told her.

"I have to listen to you talk about Johnny all the time." She said defensively.

"Yeah, but I've known Johnny most of my life. Plus, would you want to listen to people talk about your brother?"

"Good point, but its not that bad."

"I know," I said.

"You get your shit packed for about a week and a half. and I'll come back with the guys later to pick you up." I told her.

"Aye Aye captain." she said. I walked down her driveway and got into my car and drove home..

When I got there all the guys were already there, like every other day of the year.

"Guys, go get your shit packed for a week or so." I said to all of them.

"Did we miss something?" Matt asked. He didn't look too happy about me telling him what to do.

"Me and Selena are going on a road trip, and you guys are going with us." Matt's face instantly brightened up.

They all got up surprisingly fast and all went to their separate homes. Except Matt, Jimmy and I. because Matt and I lived here and most of Jimmy's stuff was here.

Within and hour and a half every body was back here and ready to go, except for Selena because we're gonna pick her up.

"So, whose car are we taking?" Matt asked. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm taking my baby," Matt said referring to his car.

"I say we take my car." Johnny said.

"No, I still can't fit in your car." Jimmy said, "So no, because there's no way I'm going with Matt."

"What's wrong with me?" Matt asked offended.

"Nothing with you. But you're car smells like a dead rabbit.

"Well your car doesn't smell much better!" Matt said defensively.

"My car is my feet!" Jimmy said.

"And they smell." Matt said back.

"Well aren't you nice?" Jimmy said sarcastically. Matt smiled at him.

"Okay, do you guys just wanna take my old van?" Brian asked the group. Everybody agreed. "I'll take three others." he said.

"I'm going with Brian." I said.

"Me too." Said Johnny and Jimmy together.

"So I'm stuck with Selena and Matt?!?" Zacky asked. everybody nodded. "No way! They're gonna be making kissy faces the whole time. I don't wanna be stuck with that."

"Then just take your truck and we'll put everything in the back of it." Matt said.

"But I don't wanna be all alone." Zacky whined.

"Fine, I"ll go with you then and one of these guys can drive my old van." Brian said. "And when I say one of you, I mean Maddie, because I don't trust the other two." Everybody besides Johnny and Jimmy laughed.

"So is everybody ready to go?" Matt asked, "But where are we going first anyways?"

"VEGAS!!!" Jimmy yelled.

"It's only ten in the morning. We can get there by two and stay there a few days..." I said to everybody. "Wait, why are we all awake at ten?" I asked. everybody shrugged.

"Okay, let's go get Selena and head off." Matt said.

"VEGAS BABY!" Jimmy yelled. We all got into the separate cars after loading them up. And we sped off down the street.

****************

"Are we there yet?" Jimmy asked for the millionth time.

"No, we weren't there ten seconds ago and we're not there now." I told him. Johnny was sound asleep in the back seat and I was stuck with only Jimmy sitting next to me.

"How much longer?"

"It's only been five minutes since we left!"

"So...how much longer?"

"About four hours." I told him.

"Aww, that's too long!!" I groaned.

"Then go to sleep." I told him.

"But I'm not tired. I'm all hyped up on Coffee." he said.

"My god. Then just be quiet for like a minute." I told him.

He sat there and I thought he was finally gonna be quiet for awhile, but as soon as the number on the clock changed, he was going again.

"So why are we going to Vegas anyways?" Jimmy asked.

"I don't know, you thought of it." I told him.

"Really, where was I when I said that?"

"Off in your own little world, like every day of the year." I told him.

"WHOA! Look at that awesome tree!" Jimmy said.

"Okay, calm down Jimmy, It's a palm tree. They're everywhere."

"But that's an awesome palm tree." He said pouting a little.

"Yeah it is, but it's not that awesome." I said and continued driving.

He was quiet for a second, but then he started singing random songs.

"Flintstones, MEET the Flintstones," He said. "I don't know the rest...TWINKLY TWINKLY LITTLE STAR."

"Oh my god, what's dying?" Johnny said waking up. "Oh, its just Jimmy, then I'm going back to sleep. I was going to say something, but he fell back asleep within thirty seconds.

"Okay, so maybe it's really twinkle...but I like twinkly better. It's got a certain ring to it..." Jimmy said.

"That's cool..."

"99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer! You take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall!" Jimmy sang yet another song. "98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer, you take one down, pass it around! 97 bottles of beer on the wall!"

*******************

"12 bottles of beer on the wall! 12 bottles of beer! you take on down, pass it around. 11 bottles of beer on the wall!" Then he stopped.

"What, aren't you gonna finish?" I asked him.

"No, I don't feel like it."

"So, you've been singing that song for the past hour and a half, just to stop at 11?" I asked him.

"Yep." He said blowing some hair out of his face. I chuckled slightly and quietly.

"So are we there yet?" Jimmy asked. I groaned.

"YES JIMMY! WE ARE THERE!" I yelled hoping he'd stop asking.

"It's not polite to lie like that." he said.