Because Life Is Just That Awesome

Chapter Twenty Seven

Johnny came walking back over to the table with a sad look on his face. I got kinda worried.

"What happened to you?" I asked him. "I thought you were gonna go gamble?"

He nodded, "I was, but then I realized that I suck at it?" He said.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"Well, I went to play black jack..." Johnny said, "But I didn't exactly know the rules."

"Johnny the rules to that game are simple, you just try to get your cards to add up to twenty one or close to it." I said to him.

"Well, the entire time we were playing I thought that you're supposed to play to thirty one. And nobody told me other wise, so I'm kinda lost all my money..."

"Again?" I asked.

"Hey, the last time wasn't my fault!"

"Oh yeah, because slot machines totally put money in themselves." I said to him.

"They might as well! Those damn things are addicting!" He said.

"Okay, Johnny, I think its time you call it a night from gambling...before you lose your apartment.." I told him.

"Yeah...that's probably a good idea..." he said. We both got up, "So what do you wanna do now?" he asked.

"I don't know. I don't feel up to drinking right now..." I said.

"Well I do..." Johnny said.

"Okay, you go drink, and I'll find one of the other guys and make sure they're okay." I said to him.

"I don't wanna leave you alone here though..."Johnny said unsurely.

"It's okay Johnny. I just found Matt, he's sleeping under the table here." He looked under the table and saw Matt.

"How did you know that?" He asked.

"I've been kicking him for the past hour and a half." I said smiling.

"Nice," Johnny said.

I reached down under the table and tried to wake Matt up. He wouldn't budge.

"Okay Johnny, before you go get drunk, can you help me get Matt back to the hotel?" I asked him.

He nodded and helped me pull Matt out from under the table.

"How'd he get under the table anyways?" Johnny asked. We finally got him out. "Better question, how did he get on top of Jimmy?" I looked at him strangely and looked under the table again and saw Jimmy.

"Finally, somebody get's the wall off of me!" Jimmy yelled.

"How'd that even happen." Jimmy looked at us strangely and started to think a little.

"I don't even know..." he said. "I think somehow I passed out under there...and then Matt passed out there too, but on top of me. But that woke me up, because let's face it, he ain't exactly small...I've been down there for like an hour and a half."

"Wow, I don't even want to know how that works..." Johnny said.

"And somebody kept kicking me." Jimmy said.

"Oh, that's by bad Jimmy, I thought I was kicking Matt."

"Sure you did, that's what they all say." he said rolling his eyes. "Can we just go, My head hurts and I wanna sleep" he said.

"Are you gonna be able to make it back to the hotel on your own?" I asked him. He nodded.

"You think you guys can get Matt back to the hotel?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know, we haven't even gotten him out of here yet." I said. I looked around for the exit, "Where's the exit anyways."

"Um, possibly where it says 'exit' right over there." Jimmy said.

"Told you he was smarter when he was drunk," I whispered to Johnny.

"I can hear you."

"That's wonderful, but chances are that you won't remember this conversation in the morning, so it doesn't matter."

"How do you know I won't remember?" He asked.

"Because I've known you for how long?" I asked him.

"WAY too long if you ask me." I lightly smacked him and laughed. "Oh thank you! We're finally at the exit!" he said happily.

"Oh, a fifty foot walk really killed you, didn't it Jimmy."

"Yeah," he said nodding his head.

"Well try carrying a brick wall, then see how you feel!" Johnny said.

"Im not that heavy," Matt mumbled a little.

"You are when you're not putting any effort into walking on your own." I told him and kept dragging him along the streets.

"Yeah, can you please help a little here Matt?" Johnny asked. Matt shook his head and closed his eyes.

It took an hour and a half and all the effort me and Johnny had left,but we finally got Matt and Jimmy back to their hotel rooms.

"Have fun getting drunk Johnny," I told him as I plopped down on the bed.

"I change my mind," He said. I looked at him strangely. "Carrying Matt took everything I had left out of me..." I nodded.

"So where are we off to tomorrow?" Johnny asked me. I shrugged my shoulders and closed my eyes.

"I don't know, probably some random state..." I said.

"Knowing how everybody is once we start road trips. They probably keep driving until it's dark outside and see where that gets us." Johnny said, I nodded.

"Oh wonderful. All day in a car with Jimmy." I said.

"Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll pass out." I laughed.

"I don't know,but you gotta admit, he's more entertaining then a quiet car ride." I said.

"Everything is more entertaining then a quiet car ride." Johnny said.

"I second that!" I said.

"ME TOO!" Jimmy yelled through the walls.

"Next time, we're not getting rooms next to these guys." Johnny said. I laughed a little.

"GOOD NIGHT STRING BEAN!" I yelled to him.

"Good night Midget." I heard him just barely mutter out.

"Was he talking to you or me?" I asked Johnny. He lightly hit my arm and laid down beside me.

"Good night Johnny."

"night..." he said falling asleep.